Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this up today just because the curiosity about it was killing me. It's a Spreewerk, serial 6070 u, which indicates a 1942 manufacture date. It has the "88" certification stamp as well as the Nazi Eagle, but more curiously it's sporting what appears to be the "defect" starburst marm and a Japanese-looking character as well. I've been doing a ton of Google-Fu and can't seem to find any information on such markings

Anyone have any insight? I'd love to know what I have here

·
Registered
315 Posts
A 'u' block cyq would be more like September 1944 (1942, when Spreewerk started up, they had no suffixes, they would not progress to suffix letters until 1943); the asterisk on the slide indicated a slide defect that could be repaired (and apparently was, as the pistol has the final acceptance proof); the stamp on the tang of the frame is another off-centered asterisk, which indicated a defect on the frame that was also repaired. Under the left grip, on the frame should also be some numbers which will not match anywhere else, they were a Spreewerk-specific in-house tracking measure. Might have a cog hammer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts