Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!
Out of curiosity, I ordered one of those high-cap magazines from www.sportsmansguide.com and today it came in the mail.

Wow. What a piece of crap.

Not only did thay send me a 9mm mag when I requested a .40, just look at this thing. That is one UGLY mag. The finish is awful and it won't drop free from the pistol. Stay away from this one guys.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow...that base plate is really stupid looking.  Hahaha - kind of reminds me of those battery packs you stick into the bottom of cordless drills
Any chance to return it and get your $$ back?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, yeah!!

It went back in the mail same day! Too bad. I was hoping to have some spares so my LEO mags don't get torn up at the range!
I wonder who made these things? No markings at all.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I haven't been able to find a good set of .40 cal mags anywhere. The original ones made by Mec-Gar keep spewing bullets, springs, and broken floor plates all over the range floor (that's not a pretty sight). The aftermarket Promags hold together, but won't engage the slide stop with an empty mag.

Anyone getting theirs from somewhere else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one of those myself. I painted it red and use it for dry firing snap caps ans teaching new shooters the basics. It really is the only thing it's good for, IMHO.

I posted on this a while ago. They look like an old Beretta 92 mag that has a new notch cut in (notice that the finish doesn't cover the notch like does on the rest of the edges) and a new baseplate to kinda make it fit. The one I have would need a MASSIVELY stronger mag spring to hold the slide back, and probably a new follower as well. Given that this is definately a converted mag, a whol new field of questions regarding the legality of this mag pop up too, but I won't get into that can of worms.

When I got it, I took it to the range and put 1 load through it. It was reliably feeding, but it didn't hold the slide shut. I do suspect that with the weak mag spring, that eventually it would start to FTF and jam.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts