Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading comments on this forum about Speedsight, decided to order a set of non-tridium as I do home range shooting in daylight only. Have used red fiber optics but never green so am unsure whether green or orange would be best for me. Suggestions?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Heya ulflyer! Ok, I apologize, but I do not have a direct answer for you on this one, only a suggestion.
Take one of your targets and somebody else with you down to one of the larger hardware stores, that deals with a lot of paints. Go thumbing thru one of their paint swatches books, that only lists one color per swatch (page). Find a green swatch that looks close in color to the green sight.
Have the other person hold your target up, and hold the corner of the swatch out at arm's length over the target. Then repeat with an orange swatch. Whichever one you can see the clearest in contrast with the target is most likely the color that you should chose ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darkewolf, makes sense to me. Might just bring a couple samples home. We've had unusually warm wx past few days so today I've been sampling diff powder loads to see what would work well. Had used up my Win powder but have several lbs of other stuff I want to use up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I decided on Green, since that is the color that humans "supposedly" see the most shade variations. In the picture below, you can actually see the green sight reflecting off of the slide. Yes, they are actually that reflective.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gglass, I'm leaning towards green. My backyard shooting spot is usually in the sun and it seems to me that green might work best. Not in a hurry as factory sights are right on, other than the too wide slot in the rear. It takes too much effort to center the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts