Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed sights- "Diamond sights" for PPQ now available, do I want to be first?

https://store.speedsights.com

(The order page here has said Walther sights were coming in 3 weeks for at least 2 months, apparently they are now available)

I had emailed about these as the company site had said they were coming, got some back contacts and pictures from them this past week.

Pics are on a P99, not a PPQ, I am still waiting for verification that sights for 9mm are same height as .45?

We are just about to release our first batch of Speed Sights for the Walther; I will have to check and see if the .45 requires a higher rear sight, as some brands do.
I measured the difference between the factory Walther front sight and our Speed Sight.

The Walther front is .180" tall. Our sight is .232" tall.

That's about .050" difference. A credit card is .030" thick, for comparison.

So looking at your photo again, the tip of our standard Walther front sight will definitely clear your suppressor and should make for an effective sight picture, even without raising it.
I like the look and the colors available. It will be a few more weeks before a Tritium version is shipping.

Down side, not adjustable for elevation. I get a 4" drop at 50' when running suppressed, compared to POI of factory sights shooting unsuppressed. So if these DO manage to duplicate the factory sight POI, I'm still holding over if I want to run a suppressor.

Decisions, decisions...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Ok, just went to the websight and no link or access to anything Walther that I can see. They do have a listing (#2) that says they are in Beta but the links on the left are to Glock, Springfield, SIG and S&W but no Walther.

·
Super Moderator
14,399 Posts
Yep, they're going thru some 'beta testing'. Should be available soon. With any luck, I'll get this set tested next week or so.

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
I think I like your sight pusher better than mine fart! I have pusher envy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think I like your sight pusher better than mine fart! I have pusher envy.
Ditto on the “pusher envy”.

I have the Walther-branded model, imported from Germany. The markings on it read: MGW Made in the U.S.A. It only works on the P99/P99c and PPQ slides.

Now if Old Fart's pusher would also work with the PPS then I'd be REALLY envious!

Balor

·
Registered
602 Posts
The MGW pusher works on just about ANY slide....just need to order/buy an additional 'brand specific' shoe @ about $20 a pop.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

It seems like a very well thought-out design, albeit not exactly cheap.

I've found their address and phone number online, but they don't appear to have a website through which you can contact them/order directly. I only have three pistols which would require a pusher and the Walther-branded one covers me for two of those.

It would be nice to know if they offered a rail-shoe for the PPS.

Balor

·
Registered
334 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something great here, but all I see here is different shaped sights.
Can't see any advantage over my Mepros.
Educate me, LOL

·
Registered
602 Posts
PPS, got cha covered.

https://media.midwayusa.com/product...hart/486/mgw_shoe_clamp_application_chart.pdf

https://www.topgunsupply.com/mgw-p2.html

Don't know if this will fit you pusher or not.....will need to check with MGW.
Thanks for the PM. I'll have to try calling them, as I haven't found an E-Mail address anywhere. They're on Facebook, but I don't do FB.

If it's a small shop, they wouldn't get much work done if they had to answer tons of E-Mails.

Just realized - this is my 100th post on the Walther Forums, thereby putting me over the threshold into the heightened realm of “Senior Member” status.

Where do I have to go to collect my pension?

Balor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts