Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble being accurate with the speed sights I put on my PPQ 4"
, and PPQ 5"....thought I liked them at first, but I seem to be regressing. Almost always several fliers. I kept the phosphorus dot sights on my PPQ SC, and I seem to shoot more accurately with it....seems easier to hold sight picture than with the diamonds.

can anyone give me some tips....and has anyone had same problems? I know you good shooters love the speed sights, so maybe it is something I am doing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, they might not be working for you.

I did a test run on my P99 9mm with them and the results were dismal. I loaned them to a friend and he had the same results with his PPQ. I'm going to have another go with my P99C, but I really don't have too much faith in what I'll get for results. Some sights work for some people and some might not.

Don

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I couldn't warm up to the speed sights for a number of reasons and stick with TFX Pros on all my EDC weapons but I do have a couple of suggestions.

Slow down and go back to your shooting fundamentals. If they were working for you at first they will again.

When you are getting consistently tight groups that you consider correct start increasing your speed again.

I think you've just lost your concentration or told yourself "you can no longer hit with speed sights".

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, today shot PPQ 5" barrel with speed sights....shot really pretty well at 8 & 10 yds. Concentrated on smooth trigger pull..Maybe that was problem. My groups were just a little high??
Maybe Mystro and Imaolefart could give some words of wisdom on speed sights - hey guys!

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Howdy Katie Joe. Mystro is an expert....ME, not so much. But, if you line up the diamonds, hold er' steady and pull/press the trigger without jerking, you should be getting some pretty nice groups.

Its really hard to provide proper instruction without being able to actually see or watch someone shoot the pistol. I'd suggest finding a certified instructor and take a lesson or two. I'm pretty sure it'd be money well spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.