Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my P99 and I'm having a tough time loading the magazine. Getting that last couple in are a pain. I actually strained a muscle in my left arm loading the stupid things. Does this get easier with time or are there any speedloaders available for my mags?

I only have the two stock magazines at the moment. And what's with the rod that came with my Walther. Is that going to help me load??? It gets in the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think the rod you're referring to is for disassembling the magazine (floorplate removal). There's a small hole at the bottom. It goes in there. Details are in the manual.

[sarcasm] You could however, just fire another hundred rounds or so and wait 'till it breaks off by itself. [/sarcasm] (sorry, I'm a bit sour on that point. I'll behave now)

The last few rounds are a bit difficult to get loaded. It should get a little easier with time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure how you're loading it, but I find it easiest to load round by useing the base of the round to push the stack down. Then I slide the round back (the round is still sticking up) and rolling the nose forward as it slides back. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I was not talking about the little yellow rod to stick in the bottom of the magazine, for magazine disassembly. There is a long rod with a looped finger hole on it that looks like you slide it down the side of the magazine. Oh well.

Also, I have been loading the way suggested. It was just a little tight for the last few rounds. I have left the magazine full for a couple of days and now it seems to be easier.

I'l also check out the HKS loader.

Thanks all

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seems like the rod you are talking about may be the cleaning rod which is primarily for barrel with a cleaning patch inserted in end but can be used for inside of mag body, mag well in frame, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Glock loader works well and the Ruger loader works almost as well as the glock. If you're going to dedicate a Ruger loader, grind the center curled piece down until it's a bit thinner, you'lll see what I mean when you use it to load a mag. Kyle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts