Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "p99 special operations" dvd mentioned in the SHOT show thread? Thanks for the replies.

-polarcow

BTW, I am new to the forums (and walther firearms as well, having picked up a p99 a couple of weeks ago) and didn't want to hi-jack any threads...yet :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
There's always ebay. Perhaps someone has an easier route though.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I have not seen the DVD on ebay for some time now.......

here is a post from the people who made the DVD
http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3778&highlight=special+operations+DVD

You might want to email them and see if they are still selling it as the links I think is not working anymore
As mentioned in the post "PAL" only works on your computer or if you have a DVD player that plays PAL and not just NTSC

However you can also contact S&W and see if they can order it for you as Walther in Germany is listing a NTSC version on thei Fan-shop but you can't buy from there.... however it does give the "part#" for it
http://www.carl-walther.info/dev2/index.php?company=walther&lang=DE&content=products&hid=7&uid=6&product=259

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typical noob mistake, didn't use the search function. I think I will email s&w as a first move. Thanks guys.

-polarcow

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
hi no problem.......
look up the part # from the German walther site.... this might help S&W in looking up what you are looking for.....
I will keep my eyes open on ebay......

Oliver

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided to call walther america and s&w. Spoke to the same guy both times. Gave him the item nomber but they have never heard of it. Guy suggested I email walther in germany so I'm just waiting to hear from them.

-polarcow

·
Patron
211 Posts
I gotta try that!

·
Registered
354 Posts
By the way when you get the DVD put it in your computer as well the power point and moving schimatics really brings out what happens when you pull the trigger.

·
Patron
211 Posts
I e-mailed Germany.........we shall see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a reply from walther today. They said I could not purchase it from them and they sent me a link to the people who made the dvd. The cirocom webpage worked fine but when I tried to access the shop webpage it would not load. Did anyone else hear back from them or have the same problem?

-polarcow

·
Patron
211 Posts
I haven't heard back a word myself. But I e-maile Germany. Oh well........

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Walther in Germany may be backlogged in some departments due to SHOT..yes they had their own reps there......
The Cirocoms webstore is not working... but I am sure if you email them directly they will answer you.....FWIW they had made a post on this Forum once about the Special edition "The making of" DVD they were selling too
The DVD is listed on the German webpage in Pal and NTSC.....but Walther does not sell directly......

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a reply from walther today. They said I could not purchase it from them and they sent me a link to the people who made the dvd. The cirocom webpage worked fine but when I tried to access the shop webpage it would not load. Did anyone else hear back from them or have the same problem?

-polarcow
Same thing they told me.

·
Patron
211 Posts
Bummer...........here's the e-mail I just received................ :cool:

======================================================
Please be informed that we had only a limited quantity of the DVD available which was distributed for advertising.
You can find information on www.cirocom.de. The DVD can be ordered at www.shop.cirocom.de

Best regards,
Carl Walther GmbH - Germany
======================================================

Someone who has one should be a real sport and make copies for the forum members.......... :rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If I knew how to I would.... but that also is a Copy right issue isn't it....
at some point part of the DVD was hosted on a members server I think... but am not sure.....

·
Patron
211 Posts
I think it's only a copyright issue if you make a penny or more on it. Friends sharing is another thing..................

1 - 20 of 45 Posts