Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have a striker assembly and an extractor plus various plungers and springs in my spares box. S&W will not sell me either the striker or extractor. Are there any other parts sources? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which parts commonly need replacing? Recoil springs every 5k or so?

If I have a recoil spring that's worn out, will S&W replace it for me?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'd like to have a striker assembly and an extractor plus various plungers and springs in my spares box. S&W will not sell me either the striker or extractor. Are there any other parts sources? Thanks!
That seems very strange. Was there any explanation as to why they would not sell you those parts?

M

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I am not sure about the extractor (it is a drop in part)
however due to the tolerances of the striker assembly (mostly the P99QA) they want the gun to make sure they put in the right fitted part

IF recoil springs are in stock.... they will sell those to you

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the woman told me was that those two were on their "restricted" list. I guess all the lawsuits have caused this. To make matters even worse, I called back, asked about my leaving my "restricted" parts here, sending the pistol in so they could fit the parts and send me a bill. This was a NO, also! I didn't stay on the phone for a reason why, by this time my temper was about to let go. I will try Earl's

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would not settle for the no......
Write a email asking about it... if you still get a no.. forward the email to Walther in Germany.
S&W should not refuse to fix your broken gun...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Smith again this morning, asking why I could not have them install parts in my pistol, my keeping the originals as spares. Seems they have a "broken" part trade in policy!!?? They keep all the old parts, I'd pay for the new ones. This might seem a bit overboard, even a bit childish but I think my days of being a Smith and Wesson supporter are just about over. No great loss to me since they've both stopped making K-frame .357's and installing MIM parts and locks on their new revolvers.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Is this the same S&W that has that fantastic customer service, best in the industry bar none, etc., etc., etc. that I've reading about on this forum?

What a way to lose customers...

M

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I really believe that S&W HATES Walther, sees them as a competitor and only markets the stuff here in the USA so they can keep a lid on the Walther Line.

Walther products are second to none in quality, and construction - that is until S&W is involved. Maybe taking a loss in the Walther line helps S&W tax wise?

:confused:

Thank Goodness for Earl, he may have higher overhead but his loyality is to the Walther brand!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this the same S&W that has that fantastic customer service, best in the industry bar none, etc., etc., etc. that I've reading about on this forum?

What a way to lose customers...

M

That hasn't been my experience. I had two of the mag floor plates on my factory 10rd mags break on the same day at the range.

Took three emails and 4 phones just to get some one to tell me the parts are in Germany and he had no idea when when I would get them, its been over a month so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called Smith again this morning, asking why I could not have them install parts in my pistol, my keeping the originals as spares. Seems they have a "broken" part trade in policy!!?? They keep all the old parts, I'd pay for the new ones. This might seem a bit overboard, even a bit childish but I think my days of being a Smith and Wesson supporter are just about over. No great loss to me since they've both stopped making K-frame .357's and installing MIM parts and locks on their new revolvers.
S&W has "lawyered up" and S&W sadly ins't alone.. Notice that they don't have a parts lists or diagrams in operator manuals......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have my parts problem solved. A friend offered my money back I paid for the SW and spare magazines. I'm letting him have it, soon as he's able to pay me, a WALTHER will have a new home. Simple solution to what became a complex problem!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Which parts commonly need replacing? Recoil springs every 5k or so?

If I have a recoil spring that's worn out, will S&W replace it for me?
Mine hit 20K before I decided it was time to replace the spring. I dont think it needed it, but just did it.

Only guns I know that say 5K ish are the 1911s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts