Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a source for extra power recoil springs for the SW99 in 45 ACP? I compared the length of the recoil spring assembly of the SW99 45 to the PPQ's RSA -- and the one in the SW99 45 is longer.

I know that S&W only offered the SW99 in 45 ACP, and that Walther never has a 45 ACP offering for the P99. So, I may be out of luck -- unless the RSA for the S&W M&P 45 happened to by chance fit -- as Wolff Springs does offer those.

I'm planning on running 45 Super in the SW99 unmodified -- but if I can get an extra power RSA, I may consider reaming the barrel of the SW99 to accept 460 Rowland. :eek:

Any leads for a source of an extra power RSA or just springs is appreciated! :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
None to my knowledge.

If I were in your position I would look into Wolff and ISMI springs as a retrofit to the factory guide rod, i.e. a heavier M&P/Glock flat wire spring may fit on the uncaptured S&W99 guide rod. With ISMI's offering of various spring rates and sizes you may be able to find something that works. (Legal obligation: Do not attempt if you fear damaging your firearm, I am not held responsible for your actions, void where prohibited by law, etc.)

BigTaco from BT Guide Rods may be able to help or offer insight as he makes guide rod assemblies for Smith and Wesson, Glock, and Walther.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will contact BT Guide Rods. I also found this guy offering custom stainless steel guide rods as well.

Bedair Machine Works Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rods

If one of them can manufacture a guide rod for the SW99 45, I should be able to get a 24 pound (or higher) flat recoil spring for either a Glock or S&W M&P 45 to use with the new guide rod. It may not be a captive system, but that is ok with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts