Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.starsandstripesammo.com/index2.html

Received my order the other day. Haven't tried it yet but it is certainly a quality product. It employs a 90gr. GDHP and in the words of the owner of Stars and Stripes Ammo, Mr. Clint Huisinga, these are the specs,

""The test specs are from a CIP 4" test barrel in my Universal receiver since I do not have any test pistols in inventory in this caliber, and this loading developped 1,107 fps ave in that barrel. Actual production pistols will always post lower velocities but seem to fall between 1,050 and 1,090 fps, those velocities have been reported by customers."

To me it's apparent that this load is more effective for SD than the FMJ load provided by the three original manufacturers, Geco, Fiocchi and Hirtenberger. And I believe, based on other folks' testing of the .380 Speer 90 gr. GDHP, that it should provide a .51-.55 hole which is more than adequate.  

Also, it's OAL is slightly shorter than the OAL of the original truncated cone cartridges, which should prevent any possible failure-to-feed problems. I manually cycled a couple of rounds and  the action was flawless on the three(3) 9x18Us that I have, Walther, Sig, Benelli.

I am so impressed by what I've seen so far that I've thought about selling my regular carry, the ASAI OnePro 45.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only made reference to tests on the Speer .380 90 gr. GDHP because those were the only 'internet' tests available. As far as I know, no gelatin tests have been performed on the 9x18U 90 gr. GDHP round of reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts