Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of late yesterday, some functions on this website either don't work, or are very slow, as if finding a workaround in order to make connection. Often I get a blank screen and have to reload several times to establish a link.

Is this only on my computer or are others experiencing this?

M

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is strange considering I’m also getting similar issues on the other board I read, SigTalk. I’m in the high-tech industry and can only speculate. Keep your security tight & updated. Commerce is fending off thousands of attacks daily. I don’t know who’s updating the hardware on this site. Maybe UE can comment but generally hosted systems you’re at the mercy of the data center. Who knows, both sites may be hosted on the same hardware..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here. Experiencing this issue on multiple PCs/devices when trying to navigate the forum. Took about four tries to log in just to post this.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did run the "disk utility" on my Macbook and discovered the presence of some incorrect permissions, all relating to Safari. These were repaired, and things seem to have speeded up. We'll see.....

M

·
Administrator
297 Posts
Hi there,

These are intemittent server drops that we're trying to solve.
Just browsed around the forum and it seems to be good at the moment.

Are you still experiencing this?

Ed

·
Registered
710 Posts
At least one other firearms/ outdoor type forum I visit has been acting similar. I think that this forum and many, many others were taken over by " Vertical Scope " and are managed by them or a subsidiary of theirs. i.e. "Outdoor WS". I don't have a clue in regards to how servers work etc.
Being that it is happening on more than one forum I would guess there is a connection of sorts.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
I think its North Korea....or China.....or Japan....or Iran.....or.....this is going to be a long list. OK, we have 194 to pick from. :D

However, its been working OK for the last couple of days.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Haha... IOF, we've been fending off thousands of attacks daily. I think its Canada. Big a## country, looming right above us... menacing and no one notices all the Canadians jumping the border. ;)

Doing a quick check on my PC - diff hardware / OS - and where it used to take a full minute or so to get a post up, this time it appears to be functioning normally.

Adding on to my post - I'm noticing I'm a "senior member" now. So, I get to apply for benefits???

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nah, not Canadians crossing. Though some may be profiting by aiding others.
Google "Derby Line" for the rest of the story.

Reactions: WiseguyDS

·
Administrator
297 Posts
How has it been so far? Anyone still having the same issues as a few days ago?

- jb

·
Registered
70 Posts
its been a while since I have logged in. I forgot my password. tried resetting last week a few days, where, I would answer the captcha, but received the error that I hadn't passed the human verification, which I had!

Anyhow, I tried again today. After receiving the same (above) error twice, I tried again, And voila! I am back in! good to be back here at the forum.

·
Administrator
297 Posts
its been a while since I have logged in. I forgot my password. tried resetting last week a few days, where, I would answer the captcha, but received the error that I hadn't passed the human verification, which I had!

Anyhow, I tried again today. After receiving the same (above) error twice, I tried again, And voila! I am back in! good to be back here at the forum.
Welcome Back!
-Philip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts