Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i'm parting with my XD9 subcompact to purchase a P99c and it seems CDNN has the best deal going. a few Q's.

what year of manufacture?
what do they charge for shipping?
would you recommend ordering one of these from them?

thanks in advacne for the advice.

frye

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got one from them. The ever hard to get AS trigger. A bit of a tackdriver. I think they are 2004 models. Shipping was cheap. It replaced my Glock 27 for carry.

I have ordered three, two for customers and one for me. We all love the 99c.

I would order one in a heartbeat if you are at all interested. I doubt you will ever find one as cheap NIB and it's full German with a German test target and proofmarks. Call Earl or S&W and ask how much one would cost from them. The price can't be beat.

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shipping is $10 flat rate with CDNN. I just picked up a couple of P99c mags for $20 each from them. I have ordered from them a couple of times. I had a problem with an item once and them made good on it immediately.

Matches

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just pciked mine up Monday from my FFL. The total was like $442 shipped. The pistol was a 2004 AS. Brand new with test casing, test target, masterlock gun lock, etc... I am very very happy with it. So happy I am debating on getting anothet one. I would of already done so if I didnt have a full sized AS on order already. Dont pass this up!

·
Registered
19 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what year of manufacture?
what do they charge for shipping?
would you recommend ordering one of these from them?
Manufactured in 2004; Shipping to FFL $9.99; Recommendation for order: Certainly.  I ordered one (1) 10/03/05, it shot so well and I liked the AS trigger (which is no longer being imported I am told) so much I purchased another on 10/10.  Each of mine contains a German 25 meter test target which measures 1 7/8 inches for a five (5) shot group. I believe this is extremely good for a 3.5 inch barrel ( One has to target shoot one to realize and verify the fine accuracy.  With 1700+ rounds and 900+ rounds respectively, reliability is flawless thus far.  Also, deal with your choice of CDNN salesman however; I personally always make it a point to deal with "Jerry" (and I call back to order in the event he is off or unavailable).  Jerry is one straight-up honest guy who tells it like it is.  Either new or used he will pull the gun and describe what I will be getting before I finalize my order.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, everyone. once christmas blows over and i sell my XD sub (buyer already lined up
), i'm going to do it and get a compact. i really want a P99, but i need a sub for carry purposes sometimes.

a full-size is defineitely the next purchase, but i won't part with my CZ75 P-01 to help finance it, so it might be awhile

any other CZ fans out there?

frye

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another satisfied customer here, and a big thumbs up for Jerry. I received my P99c on Monday and I'm more than pleased with the pistol and CDNN. My P99c is date coded AE, which makes it a 2004 and the date on the fired shell casing confirms it. The only negative is I live in Texas so I had to pay sales tax

·
Registered
19 Posts
fryeg7 wrote:
but i won't part with my CZ75 P-01 to help finance it, so it might be awhile. any other CZ fans out there?

The CZ75B and CZ P-01 are two non-Walther great bang-for-the-buck-accurate-flawlessly-reliable-DA/SA-keeper-handguns.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rockets @ Dec. 20 2005,22:07)]Got one from them. The ever hard to get AS trigger. A bit of a tackdriver. I think they are 2004 models. Shipping was cheap. It replaced my Glock 27 for carry.
Rockets -

What drove your replacement of the G27? I'm lookin for a subcompact/compact for my wife. I was considering both the G26 and the P99C. I have a regular P99 AS and a G17 and I like them both, but they are "too big" for her hands.

If you have any comparisons, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ah...never mind. I just went ahead and ordered one. I know I'll like it...if my wife doesn't, well -- we'll worry about that later.

Just FYI, for anyone considering it, they had about 2 dozen P99C's left at CDNN as of this morning.

Jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Navy87Guy @ Jan. 06 2006,09:13)]Just FYI, for anyone considering it, they had about 2 dozen P99C's left at CDNN as of this morning.
cool, i'm glad they still have so many. i haven't sold my XD yet(waiting for buyer to get funds together). i still need to get the additional money for the P99c set aside as well.

i called before x-mas and tracy told me they had 27 then. they've only moved 3 of them in about 3 weeks, so i'm not as worried they'll all be gone by the time i get my stuff together

frye

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry, Did not see your post. Only reason it replaced the 27 is I can shoot far more accurately and quickly when I get out past 10 yards. (Still do love the 27 though, it was and is fine in all regards and I prefer a 40 but can't ignore the edge the 99C gives me)

Rockets Out.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PaulMauser @ Jan. 06 2006,22:09)]Hey fryeg7-Who is this mysterious buyer which you speak. I hope it's the grandfather of your 1st born.
who is this? do i know you?

frye

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought one from them, great service . . . it was made in '05.

BTW, newbie to the Forum here, new to handguns as well (but a longtime upland hunter).

Walther P99C
Walther PP (German) 7.65mm

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, TCN. You've made a good choice with the Walther. I have a P99 AS in 9mm and I love it. Hopefully my new P99C will be at the dealer's tomorrow....I can't wait to give it a try!

Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was finally able to get over and pick up my P99C this morning. It feels good. My wife preferred the small back strap, so I swapped that for her (it's supposed to be her gun). We should get to the range with it tomorrow.

I tried it in my Comp-Tac holsters and it fits just fine. The difference in concealment is incredible! If it shoots as well as it fits, I may have to buy another one for me!

Range report to follow...

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered mine from CDNN this morning.

I made the mistake and didn't ask for Jerry. My salesperson was far from great. I'll not give his name out of politeness.

This is my 3rd P99. I have a 2tone KK 9mm, and all black AC .40. Now I just need to get an OD .40 and drop in a barsto .357sig barrel.

I think it's time to change my self-imposed one gun a year rule to one "long gun and one short gun per year". That should be a better way to feed the AR15 habit too.

Don

1 - 20 of 22 Posts