Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Walther P38/P1 mags from CDNN that were described as matte body with blue bottoms. The bodies looked phosphate coated, but the floor plates are shinny blue, suggesting to me the floor plates are for blued mags. The mags did not come in factory-type wrapping. Are those two combination mag components for real or has someone switched the floor plates? Anyone seen mags like these?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not fired them. My point is whether they have been altered. The body has the Walther logo, but there is no date on the spine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They are marked P38. It is difficult for me to believe they left the Walther plant with one kind of finish on the magazine body and another on the floor plates. I am picky, and I sent them back to vendor for refund.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
They are marked P38. It is difficult for me to believe they left the Walther plant with one kind of finish on the magazine body and another on the floor plates.
I just looked through some of my postwar magazines marked P38 from three different pistols. All of them feature a polished body and matte floor plate. These magazines came with the guns. I think you're making something out of nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I simply wanted to know if the mags in question came from the factory like that or whether the floor plates had been switched. It's a question based on curiosity. I don't know the answer to the question; that's why I asked, thinking someone might know. If that is making something out of nothing, so be it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think your mags are OK. I just looked at the 2 I have and they look like that.
Post war stuff sometimes got a little "hinky".
Maybe the base plates came from a different vendor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Larry,

I also now believe the mags are OK. Still don't know why they are in that configuration, but I guess it is what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts