Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had all but decided that my next purchase would be a P99 AS (I have ruled out XD9, Glock 19/17, and S&W M&P9)... so I went to a gun show this weekend to look around, and as usual only one P99 (but that's ok, I know where to get one at a good price when my permit comes in)...my problem began when for the first time I held a Beretta 92fs Inox....the 92 like the p99 fit my hand great and was gorgeous to boot!. Can anyone with experience with these two fine pistols give me a good reason to go with one over the other? By the way, the pistol will serve as my HD/range gun. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have owned both a beretta 92 and a P99. Let me say I still have the P99. It fits my hand much better.

I like the trigger much better.

I like the walther's safety systems much better.

In fact I can not think of one thing I like better about the 92F I had.

For me the Walther is much more accurate. It is smaller and has better balance.

Used mags for a beretta 92 will be cheaper.

Get the walther already.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh did I mention one is made in germany the other is italy.

You decide.

Sure Ferrari and Lamborghini come from Italy but look what you get fast and unreliable. Is that what you really want in a gun.

The only people who build worse engineered stuff are the French.

Get the walther. Make sure you become a true Walther snob and pronounce it Walter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
oops a true Walther snob would say

Valter

That reminds me of...
Valter top...

... and that sounds kinda of girly

Let us just stay with Walter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so gokyo, are you saying you like the Walther??;)....thanks for the input, I guess I am just letting aesthetics get in the way here...man that Inox is beautiful:confused:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I have owned a few Berettas over the years. They are great guns. But, one, I don't think the grip is as ergonomic. And as mentioned above - the trigger isn't as good. The Beretta has a looong trigger - even in SA. I think the P99 A/S has a much better trigger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FWIW, safety levers do not belong on the slide. When you charge the weapon, if you are not careful, you can put the safety on.

The Berretta is a high quality, obsolete design. There are better pistols out there, I happen to think the P99 is one of them, but it's a long list. I do not hold the Berrettas in high regard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts