Walther Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello and thx for reply. The pistol is working very good. The only issue is that if I fill the magazine full there is sometimes a problem to chamber the first round in the first attempt.

Would you know if this pistol was just a privately owned since there are no Eagle or swastika on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The story of this pistol is that my grandfather got it from a Kriegsmarine Kapitaleutnant after the peace in 1945. I have always assumed that it was his service gun and not privately owned. Would it be possible for private persons to purchase handguns in the Third Reich? I mean it was a police state by definition.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
According to German law: Yes. But in fact this was very limited. Most "private" owners were party members at least. Also many service guns were sold commercial to entitled persons, f.e. to furloughed officers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a PPK with a serial 239434K which appears to be a 1939 model. It has a N with a crown over it. The holster is marked Otto Sindel Berlin 1941 with the Nazi eagle. This pistol was used as a back up by an American officer from the Battle of the Bulge till the end of the war. It is in great condition with just some wear on bluing. Anyone have ideas on what it might be worth? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope this will get me to the correct place in the forum. I have a .22 PPK Manurhin. The slide is marked made in France, Lic. Excl. Walther. The grips are marked Walther and are black. There is no serial number on the slide, on the grip behind the trigger guard the number is 5002xx LR. There is what looks like a shield stamped on the barrel at the ejection port and at the serial number on the frame. The gun is "brushed" blue with a brushed nickel finish on the trigger guard, safety lever, extractor, magazine and hammer. It was represented as a factory 2 tone model. Please help identify this gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help with identifying my pistol.

Hi;

I have an old Walther PP that bears the number 57491 on the slide, and 57491A on the frame, and I've yet to find any website that can tell me what year it was made. On the other side it says made in W. Germany

I've looked at several websites all to no avail. Can anyone give me the straight scoop on this Walther

Thank you;

F.S.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Help with identifying my pistol.

Hi;

I have an old Walther PP that bears the number 57491 on the slide, and 57491A on the frame, and I've yet to find any website that can tell me what year it was made. On the other side it says made in W. Germany

I've looked at several websites all to no avail. Can anyone give me the straight scoop on this Walther

Thank you;

F.S.
You have a .380 PP, correct? Look in the ejection port. There may be a two digit number stamped there along with a eagle over an N and a deer antler. That number is the year the gun was proofed, which is most likely the year of production. Dieter Marschall's book indicates your gun was manufactured by Manurhin in France and finished by Walther between 1954 and 1985 (serial number range (12003-78138A).

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I have a .22 PPK Manurhin. The slide is marked made in France, Lic. Excl. Walther. The grips are marked Walther and are black. There is no serial number on the slide, on the grip behind the trigger guard the number is 5002xx LR. There is what looks like a shield stamped on the barrel at the ejection port and at the serial number on the frame. The gun is "brushed" blue with a brushed nickel finish on the trigger guard, safety lever, extractor, magazine and hammer. It was represented as a factory 2 tone model. Please help identify this gun. Thanks.
Sorry for waiting a few days.
Your gun is a very early post war PPK made by Manurhin in 1954. But these early guns were never(!) made originally in a 2-tone finish. Should be (sadly) reworked/refinished.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 tone .22 PPK

Thanks Martin. I was pretty sure about the 2 tone question but before I did any work on the gun I wanted to use the members special knowledge.
I contacted Earl at his shop as well and he gave the same answer. I'll probably send the parts or the gun out to him to refinish. I took the opportunity to buy a correct Manurhin marked brown grip and a Manurhin marked brown toe grip magazine from him. I have a few other Walthers. A WW2 Nazi PP with 2 mags and holster. A Manuhrin PP in .22 complete in the plastic box and a German production blue TPH in the box complete. Also a couple of Luftpistoles. I'm crazy enough to have bought a French Manurhin cardboard box for a .22 PPK a few hundred numbers from mine from E-bay. It came from France. Ah well.. I might never see another here in the states. Take Care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

I've just joined this forum as a relative recently purchased a PPK and is looking for more information on its history. We are debating its origin and would like some guidance from all of you.

Here are the photos which have been sent to me. If you would like to see more, I can ask for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Welcome aboard. Serial number places it as fairly late 1944 production. Others can speak to the lack of roll stamps on the slide and the grips.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Gun was reworked/refinished, grips are post war Sile made.

Reactions: lionized

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gun was reworked/refinished, grips are post war Sile made.
Thank you for your response. We were curious about the grips.
Could I ask what detail(s) show the pistol as being reworked? Having personally not handled it, the description and photos do show as pristine.
These images are with grips removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
As Gonzo mentioned, slide markings lhs are missing, edges rounded. Internal parts made of stainless steel are blued now, wrong color, proofmarks aren't visible, etc.pp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to find year of my PPK 7.65 but serial is only numbers?

I inherited my dad’s favorite gun, the Walther PPK 7.65 mm.
I am trying to find the year it was made but according to a post I read the serial number should have letters, but mine only have numbers. 906470
Can someone please direct me to the right place. Thanks!

121 - 140 of 167 Posts