Walther Forums banner

81 - 100 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I have read these threads on the PPK/S with great care. There is lots of fine info here but I'm still trying to get a ball park date for the manfacture of my Manurhin 380 PPK/S...SN 264743 S... stamped made on France with the French proof marks. It is a great pistol, in great condition and extremely accurate!
If any of you have an idea when it was made I'd be glad for your help.

This is one of the last PPK/S made by Manurhin in 1985. Production stopped with serial number 267721S in 12/85.

I'm 33 and have an old Walther PP in pretty nice condition that I inherited from my father when he passed away. Its been a long time but if I remember correctly he told me that he got it from his dad who fought in Europe during WW2 which leads me to think that its pretty old.

A lot of folks on this forum seem to have Walthers with proof marks like eagles, N, crowns, etc but mine has none of that. The only markings on this gun are the little Walther flags on each side of the hand grip and two serial numbers...one on the right side frame of the gun just behind the trigger and the second on the barrel on the right side just in front of the ejection port. Both serial numbers are 6 digits long, start with 38, and have a P at the end... 3820XXP and 3867XXP. The serial number on the barrel also has the letters 'ac' underneath it.

Just hoping with this info there may be someone that can shed some light :)
Your gun is a last days made Walther/Zella Mehlis PP (1945). AC was the war code of Walther/ZM. In the last days of WW II they put together what they had on stock. That's the reason why the numbers are not matching. The fact that the gun shows no proof mark let me believe that this is one of the guns they found in the factory, when the US Army arrived in Zella Mehlis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Martin,
Wow! Thank you so much! That is exactly what I have been looking for. So excited to have a piece family and international history like this. I would never sell it but would love to have an idea of its value. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
There are simply too many variables in play to make a determination of value without knowing the gun's exact condition, plus the condition of the grips, and whether it functions mechanically, whether the magazine is proper to the model, etc. Sometimes photos will help as well. You might be able to find a match, however, and get an idea from closed auctions.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/trading-post-parts-bin/13390-what-should-i-pay-how-much-worth-questions-start-here.html

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ah, very nice: A wartime pistol, made at the Walther plant in 1945, near war's end. The ac stamp under the serial number is the secret code for Walther.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A Question on a Zella-Mehlis PP

I have my eyes on a Zella-Mehlis with crown over N PP in .22 cal with 90 degree safety with a serial number of 787513. Does anyone know when this was produced, and if they do not, then when the 90 degree safety was discontinued? Thanks for your help...Jon

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have my eyes on a Zella-Mehlis with crown over N PP in .22 cal with 90 degree safety with a serial number of 787513. Does anyone know when this was produced, and if they do not, then when the 90 degree safety was discontinued? Thanks for your help...Jon
60° safety was introduced in the beginning of 1938.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello
can help me know that my pp year is the serial number is tamnien 11590A and want to know if it is original because it has a two stamps Chinese one under the serial number and the other in the barrel

THANKS

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Ed: Your request will get little attention or action here. Please post a new thread in the regular section of this part of the forum, not the FAQ section. At the same time, it would help if you could post some photos of the pistol in quesion. The experts will be able to weigh in at that point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Production Date Please
I have a Interarms / Va. PP 7.65mm ser#339XXX no letters before or after just the Crown over N. The ser# runs the length of the gripe on the right side. Just in front of the Crown over N is what looks like a Shield inside of a Circle. The Shield has been stamped out. Stamped on the right side of the barrel, inside the ejection port is an eagle over an N then 64 then the Antler. On the forward section of the slide is stamped NW 795.
On the left side there is the inscription’
Walther inside its Banner Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do Model PP Cal. 7.65mm then an Eagle over an N. Diretly behind the trigger gard and slightlt infront of the Mag release button is a very faint stamp of a cross leaning at a slight angle.
Now what is it?

Reactions: Fquico

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
It's a police surplus PP made by Walther Ulm in 1964. It was used by the state police of Nordrhein-Westfalen (North Rhine-Westphalia). Is it possible to take a better pic of the stamp left side behind the trigger? I like to know what it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried to get as close with my camera as I could. Just won’t come out. You can defiantly tell it was a shield of some sort. The stamp is round with eight fingers in it. Heir’s is a crop of the picture and enlarged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I miss read you' Left side um. Have to drag out the old film camera for that one. I have lenses that you can take a picture of a ___________ with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Late to the party

Hi, I am trying to find out about my Ulm PPK 7.65mm
s/n 351930K

Eagle over N on barrel (ejection port), slide under ejection port, and on the hammer

No crown, antler or date code that I can find.

I can't find any other markings besides the standard Walther flag/German writing on the side with the safety.

I have looked at most of the links in this thread and can't tell if I have a 1979 pistol from the s/n or if I am completely off.

I have emailed the people at Walther and never got a reply

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Welcome Kiemaker!
Your gun is a Zella-Mehlis made PPK. According to the serial number it was probably made in late 1941.

Take some pics and open a new thread in the PP/TP section. We love to see what you have... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another year range question

I have been trying to determine the year my PPK was produced but haven't made it very far. I've looked at different links, but they always show much higher serial number ranges. Mine starts with 7633** and has a 90 degree safety. Does anyone have a complete chart they could share or maybe a year of production?

Thank you,

81 - 100 of 167 Posts