Walther Forums banner

61 - 80 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another .22 PP Identification request

As you can see I'm new here. I also inherited a Walther PP in .22lr some time ago. It belonged to my sister's father in law and her husband got it when his father passed. They live in NY and she was afraid to have it in their house, so.... :)

The story was he worked as a groundskeeper on an estate near Langley, VA. The gun was given to his employer as a retirement gift from a "company" there where he worked. He subsequently gave it to her father in law as a token of appreciation for the years he kept up their place. Maybe true, maybe BS.

Anyway the pistol was never fired and was kept in it's brown leather flap holster with a pouch for an additional magazine. The whole thing is brand new in appearance. I took it to the range once to see if it was in good operating order and shot 20 rounds through it, cleaned it and put it back in the holster.

The pistol has a new eagle proofmark with the letter N below it. The barrel is stamped 62 together with a stag horn and another eagle/N proofmark.

The serial number reads 219XXLR below the proofmark on the frame.

Any information about this weapon would be greatly appreciated. Having family history it would never be sold but I was wondering about it's value and maybe seeing if there was any way to validate the story I got with it.

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
6 Posts
NEED SOME HELP WITH A PPK 380 ACP

My newly acquired PPK came in the original box, with instructions and cleaning supplies. I am trying to date the firearm and for the first time I cant. The serial number is K0042xx. It has an Interarms import stamping. I paid $399 for the firearm as a carry piece, but want to determine real value before carrying it. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The best we can tell you is that Interarms didn't keep a running total of when their firearms were made; you'll have to piece the information together as best you can from the two Stickies here on reported Ranger serial numbers. (Check to see if you have the test target with your pistol and, if so, does it have a date on it?)

The price will vary, based on its condition and what came with it. Prices generally run from $350 to $550. It's certainly worth what you paid for it ... right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
WWII walther id help.

I have a PPK Serial 338XXXK which tells me it was probably made in 1941.
Gun is 95% condition, with the only wear at the muzzle from being slid into the holster. Brown plastic grips are not cracked. Gun looks great, only irritation is it doesn't seem to like to chamber the first round when I charge the mag.
I have the original holster with two mags.
It has the usual eagle over N markings on the ejection port and just below it.
The part I can't find out much about is there is an eagle over and X with the letter C next to it on the left side below the mag release and behind the trigger guard.
I think this means a police issue pistol.
The story is a vet killed a german and took this gun and holster off him.

Any suggestions on the meaning of the C acceptance mark and an idea of value of the gun and holster would be helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The part I can't find out much about is there is an eagle over and X with the letter C next to it on the left side below the mag release and behind the trigger guard.
I think this means a police issue pistol.
You are right. It's police proofed (Polizeiabnahmestelle), C is one of the markings therefor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are right. It's police proofed (Polizeiabnahmestelle), C is one of the markings therefor.
Thank you.
By police, do we know if that is municiple police, or say, Gestapo?

Also, the person selling has told me they think the value is 900-1200. I don't know enough about PPKs to know the value of a police war model. Any sites for valuation, or any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The stamp could be C, F, K, L. What is what I don't know, sorry.

I'm from Germany so the value differs. No opinion in US market.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thank you.
Also, the person selling has told me they think the value is 900-1200. I don't know enough about PPKs to know the value of a police war model. Any sites for valuation, or any advice?

Thanks
People can say anything they want to say when it comes to pricing a pistol. But it's worth only what you are willing to pay for it. The best way to check prices is to look at completed auctions of similar firearms. This like should help:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/trading-post-parts-bin/13390-what-should-i-pay-how-much-worth-questions-start-here.html

·
Registered
620 Posts
i sure enjoyed reading about the history of walther firearms. i just love that old stuff. i practice my dry firing while watching Hitler get his butt kicked on the history channel all the time. Ive shot ole Adolf a bazzillion times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interarms Production date

Hi Guys, brand new to the forum. I have combed all the posts here and in other threads trying to narrow down the date of my Interarms PPK/S. The S/N is S026xxx. From these threads I realize Interarms didn't keep good records, but I was hoping to bracket a couple of other serial numbers close to this one. So far I've gotten from another thread that S000944 is supposedly 1983. And someone else believes that S032037 is 1985. So one would assume that mine is somewhere in between, say 1984, early 85. But Searcher posted the following:

"My Interarms PPK/S is a 1982 production I believe, serial number S576XX.

and MGMike in post #96 posted: "I purchased new in September 1983 a stainless PPK/s s/n S-01744"

So I'm a bit confused. Can anyone give some guidance?

Thanks for the help...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
PC: The issue -- if it's an issue at all -- is that Interarms had a decent QC center at work, and the folks there weren't bashful at all about sending pistols with problems back to Ranger/Gasden for additional work. We can only speculate, of course, but time passed -- days, weeks months -- and the pistols eventually were returned to Interarms, and the pistols then were eventually shipped to the LGS, and then lord only knows how long they sat on the shelf at the LBS before somebody finally came along and bought it.

Short of having a series of serial numbers with born-on dates in hand, and we don't have that and likely never will, it's as good as we can do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. Thanks Searcher. Since I see no indication that this PPKS has been reworked or sent back, I am going to assume 1984 and leave it at that....

this has been a very helpful thread in many ways...

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Manurhin .380 ACP/9mm Kurz

I have read these threads on the PPK/S with great care. There is lots of fine info here but I'm still trying to get a ball park date for the manfacture of my Manurhin 380 PPK/S...SN 264743 S... stamped made on France with the French proof marks. It is a great pistol, in great condition and extremely accurate!
If any of you have an idea when it was made I'd be glad for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all! Just joined the forum and searching, as everyone else seems to be, for answers on my Walther. The info I've gotten on here has been great but I'm still pretty much in the dark on this gun.

I'm 33 and have an old Walther PP in pretty nice condition that I inherited from my father when he passed away. Its been a long time but if I remember correctly he told me that he got it from his dad who fought in Europe during WW2 which leads me to think that its pretty old.

A lot of folks on this forum seem to have Walthers with proof marks like eagles, N, crowns, etc but mine has none of that. The only markings on this gun are the little Walther flags on each side of the hand grip and two serial numbers...one on the right side frame of the gun just behind the trigger and the second on the barrel on the right side just in front of the ejection port. Both serial numbers are 6 digits long, start with 38, and have a P at the end... 3820XXP and 3867XXP. The serial number on the barrel also has the letters 'ac' underneath it.

Just hoping with this info there may be someone that can shed some light :)

61 - 80 of 161 Posts