Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself posting mainly about German handguns (especially on this forum), as they are my favorites. However, some nice stuff was built in Italy over the years as well. While they won’t match a Korth Auto or Korriphila HSP from a build quality perspective, they are still some very well made handguns. I’ll briefly describe each with a few sentences and also list some basic stats. I’ll also include my particular example’s build date.

Unfortunately, the only pistol in this thread that’s still being manufactured is the Pardini, but its appearance has changed.

Pardini GT9

Caliber: 9x19
Action: Single action only
Unloaded weight: 38.0oz
Frame: Aluminum
Slide: Steel
Design: Locking block with tilting barrel
Date of manufacture: 2002 (BS)

The GT9 is the absolute smoothest pistol I own. Its incredibly slick with an extremely low bore axis, which allows it to point very naturally. The slide rides inside the frame, similar to a Sig P210 and CZ 75. Despite its aluminum frame, the GT9 weighs in at 38oz due to its thick barrel and slide. The ambi safety is perfectly weighted and the trigger is phenomenal. The Pardini is an easy pistol to shoot fast and well. Plus it looks cool as hell doing it. Without a doubt, it’s the best shooter of the bunch.

Benelli MP3S

Unloaded weight: 41.4oz
Frame: Steel
Design: Lever delayed blowback
Date of manufacture: 1996 (AL)

The Benelli MP3S is a very rare target shooting variant of the still rare B76. This beautiful pistol is very unique in its operation, but shoots very well with its 5.5” fixed barrel and barrel weight. The high quality blued finish is a real pleasure to look at. Only a couple hundred were ever made, with only a small fraction of those imported to the States.

Delta AR Top Gun

Caliber: 45ACP
Unloaded weight: 42.8oz
Design: Roller lock
Date of manufacture: 2003 (BT)

The Delta is definitely the highest quality pistol in this thread and probably the rarest. The design is that of a CZ 52, but stronger and infinitely more refined. The Delta is a heavy weight at just under 43oz empty. The trigger is adjustable in every way possible, but still can’t come close to matching the feel of the Pardini. The exotic looks are matched by a beautiful blued finish and high level of detail.

Beretta 92 Combat

Unloaded weight: 40.2oz
Frame: Aluminum
Design: Falling block
Date of manufacture: 2001 (BP)

The 92 Combat is very rarely seen in this country. Beretta didn’t build many of the Combat series and most of the examples imported were the 96 series in 40S&W. It features a barrel bushing to improve the accuracy and a frame mounted ambi safety. The trigger is good, but far from great. Despite its long sight radius, barrel weight and bushing, I find accuracy uninspiring.

Bernardelli Practical VB

Unloaded weight: 39.6oz
Design: Locked breech
Date of manufacture: 1994 (BD)

Like a couple others here, the The Practical VB is the target shooting of a service pistol. In this case, it’s the old Bernardelli P018. The VB has a very racy appearance with its barrel comp, large controls, sweeping beavertail, and magwell. Overall I find it a great shooter. Build quality isn’t bad, but definitely on the bottom of the list here. The VB is very seldom seen, especially outside of Italy.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So there you have it. We have five super rare pistols with similar purposes from the same country and generally built during the same time period. I find it fascinating that they all use different designs in an attempt to produce similar results. There’s even a blowback in there.

Hope you enjoyed the short read about these sexy Italian exotics. :)

Please let me know what you think.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Was on the fence about purchasing a like new Beretta 92 Combat. The same collector who sold me the Pardini GT9 6" offered it to me at a great price. Spoke with a few contacts who own, owned, and/or have shot the 92 Combat. Was told that I wasn't missing much. My consolation is a fully worked Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brig Tac.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not in the same class with those pistols but I like my Benelli B80 in .30 Luger.

View attachment 99542
Those are definitely in the same class. I've got a couple Benelli MP3S pistols, which is the target gun series based on the B Series pistols.

The mechanics are very interesting and they shoot well....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those are definitely in the same class. I've got a couple Benelli MP3S pistols, which is the target gun series based on the B Series pistols. The mechanics are very interesting and they shoot well....
I bought my B80 new many years ago and have regretted not also buying the target version, also in .30 Luger. As you say, the mechanism is very interesting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought my B80 new many years ago and have regretted not also buying the target version, also in .30 Luger. As you say, the mechanism is very interesting.
That would be the B80S. It looks like the MP3S, but has the DA/SA trigger.

The MP3S is SAO.

I had a B76 and B77 years ago.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That would be the B80S. It looks like the MP3S, but has the DA/SA trigger. The MP3S is SAO.

I had a B76 and B77 years ago.
If I ever run across a B76 in nice condition and the price was right, I'd surely buy it. While Benelli is known for their quality shotguns, the pistols they made were also excellent. You obviously think so too. (y)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Impressive collection. I have a soft spot for Italian stuff too, and they are currently much more affordable than their German counterparts.

I would have opted for a 92 Combat myself, but instead I'm just getting my standard 92 to be worked up to be a combination of the 92XP and 92 Combat on an M9A1 frame (courtesy of WAL from Beretta forum).

Also have a Mateba Unica 6 Griffone with custom barrels made using Lothar Walther blanks.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My next project will be a Competition modification to my WCombat/Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical. Will be getting a threaded barrel and 2 port compensator.

Wanted a little German target gun "fix" during these high price times, got it from Javis mods to my P99.........

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Gun accessory

·
Banned
26 Posts
So there you have it. We have five super rare pistols with similar purposes from the same country and generally built during the same time period. I find it fascinating that they all use different designs in an attempt to produce similar results. There’s even a blowback in there.

Hope you enjoyed the short read about these sexy Italian exotics. :)

Please let me know what you think.

:cool:
These look awesome!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
My next project will be a Competition modification to my WCombat/Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical. Will be getting a threaded barrel and 2 port compensator.

Wanted a little German target gun "fix" during these high price times, got it from Javis mods to my P99.........

View attachment 101146
I do have a spare Beretta 92 Compettition set if you’re interested to clone it. As far as beretta gunsmithing goes, I highly recommend Bill Lurie from BerettaForums for that kind of custom work. I would have recommended Josh Rowe from Allegheny Gun Works but he stopped gunsmithing since the plandemic. Bill still has the 92 combat barrel weights and bushings, and will hand fit them to your gun. He’s currently doing that, along with reprofiling my M9A1 frame (92 combat trigger guard, vertec grip conversion, 92x Performance rail and undercut, frame safety conversion, SAO conversion with internal overtravel and pretravel adjustments, etc).
Personally better value in my opinion versus finding a combat or a performance on their own.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I do have a spare Beretta 92 Compettition set if you’re interested to clone it. As far as beretta gunsmithing goes, I highly recommend Bill Lurie from BerettaForums for that kind of custom work. I would have recommended Josh Rowe from Allegheny Gun Works but he stopped gunsmithing since the plandemic. Bill still has the 92 combat barrel weights and bushings, and will hand fit them to your gun. He’s currently doing that, along with reprofiling my M9A1 frame (92 combat trigger guard, vertec grip conversion, 92x Performance rail and undercut, frame safety conversion, SAO conversion with internal overtravel and pretravel adjustments, etc).
Personally better value in my opinion versus finding a combat or a performance on their own.
Need to decide who will do the conversion. Will look into Allegheny Gun Works.
Thanks for the lead.👍

Is the Beretta 92 Competition set for sale?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Need to decide who will do the conversion. Will look into Allegheny Gun Works.
Thanks for the lead.👍

Is the Beretta 92 Competition set for sale?
Yes it is. It will come with the Beretta labeled Negrini case, 7.25" barrel, target wood grips, and the adjustable LPAs rear that comes with it. Haven't posted it for sale anywhere, just have been sitting on it. Not sure if you want the three magazines (15rd) if you plan to step up to the newer 18rd flush fitting magazines. I think it's of the early 90s kits since the Beretta Logo is of the older style (larger bolder font), with the older Negrini instruction sheet.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yes it is. It will come with the Beretta labeled Negrini case, 7.25" barrel, target wood grips, and the adjustable LPAs rear that comes with it. Haven't posted it for sale anywhere, just have been sitting on it. Not sure if you want the three magazines (15rd) if you plan to step up to the newer 18rd flush fitting magazines. I think it's of the early 90s kits since the Beretta Logo is of the older style (larger bolder font), with the older Negrini instruction sheet.
Ok.

I'm just looking for a barrel and comp upgrade, nothing additional.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Ok.

I'm just looking for a barrel and comp upgrade, nothing additional.
Gotcha. Beretta sold the kits with all those extras in the case. If you simply just want the weight (because they aren't comps at all) and barrel, you should probably get in contact with Bill Lurie and see if he's willing to just part with those items alone. You may find out many don't want to separate them. Bill also can add the competition bushing like you find in the 6" barrels, but hand fitting would be required with the slide you plan to use

1 - 20 of 49 Posts