1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

how could I determine the estimated date one these:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Up-O3RDTOiZQMx21Iijp7ChsflC1vWQW

serials have 6 numbers starting at 98XXXX, they're confirmed being purchased around 1938.

Also, if anyone wants, what are the price range on each piece, holster and mag, approx.? The mags are not all for the PPs, some are for the walther nitro carabine models.

I'm just starting to evaluated this collection.

Thanks,

·
Registered
917 Posts
Wow. What an interesting picture. I can't make out the serial numbers but you have the production date estimates. Prices? The dealer Bob Simpson usually carries many .22 Walther PPs but there are fewer there now. https://www.simpsonltd.com/collections/walther-hand-guns You might check the online auctions too for prices. Prices will be affected by the condition of the guns and whether boxes match with serial number. Whether the boxes are complete with accessories. Looks like some have .32 cal cartridge container and cleaning rod. Looks like they have had some moisture problems too. I would estimate you are looking at prices from $700 to $1500 if the boxes match.

I have no idea why the holsters are with those guns. Do you live in Brazil by chance? Or Portugal? The holsters are for the Portuguese contract of the 1907 Savage pistol. I would doubt the guns fit in the holsters.

Wow. Three magazines for each pistol. The 9 round magazines for the Walther Models 1 and 2 Karabiners are very desirable. Are they marked on the side with the Walther banner?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Portugal, they fit nice and also the mags fit. The model 1 and 2 mags and the others don't have any marking.. About those holsters, can you really tell they're for that pistol? They also have no markings

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well, Buxton wrote to me that the Mod 1 magazine I had with the Walther banner was the only one he had seen, so perhaps they are not commonly marked.

The holsters are for the Portuguese contract Savage 1907. I have known this for 40+ years. I owned one back in the early 1970s. I attach a photo of one with the holster. The holsters were usually stamped on the back with the letters AEE or AE. After 100 years, it might be difficult to see.

I am curious if the PPs are in close serial number proximity? Did the collector just buy them over the years, or perhaps it was a commercial contract of Walther to a user in Portugal?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your info! The holsters are just a part of the collection, not directly related to the PPs, one has the AE (Arsenal do Exército) stamp. They were all bought at the same time, serial numbers are very close.

Thanks once again!

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.