Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot my P22 once to twice a week. Each time I put about 300 to 400 rounds through it. I find that by the time i get up to about 300 shots, I start to get jams. I have to use my pocket knife to get the bullet out. When I look, it seems to be really gummy. Is this normal because of the number of rounds i'm shooting at one time?

Katy

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It could be. Have you been using one brand of ammo? If so, maybe that brand is really "dirty" to shoot. You might try a different brand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I second the dirty ammo theory. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps you're over-lubricating it? If there's too much oil, then that will start to gum up as it collects powder residue.

..Joe

PS: The worst case scenario is over-lubed AND dirty ammo!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suggest you try lubricating your pistol with Miltec-1, including the feed ramp.  It's a very "dry" lubricant that permeates the metal.  This might reduce the "gummy" problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using Militec-1. I could very well be using too much of it, I'll be less generous with the next cleaning.

As far as ammo goes, I've been using all different kinds of high velocity for it; winchester, CCI, remington and a couple others that I can't remember the name of.

I'll try using just one kind at a time from now on and see if i get different results.

Thanks guys.

Katy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts