Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that someone here had one. Any news, progress report?

Another question. How gritty does your trigger feel now compared to when it was new. I'm not talking about travel or pull wieght but the notchyness as what I get on a slow S/A pull. It feels like the return spring is rubbing on the catch. I can hear the spring make a slight "ching" sound- its barely audible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the Sprinco recoil reducer for my P99 40 cal. Did it reduce the recoil? Yes a little bit. I would use it all the time except the front spring on it is a tad too weak. When the gun is in SA the slide can actually travel about 3-4mm to the rear. When this happens while shooting the firing pin cannot reach the cartridge and you get a click! I plan on calling Sprinco to see if I can get a slightly stronger spring, otherwise I cannot use it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you call sprinco? how much is spring?
Surfmaster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oops...it took me a while to get around to contacting Sprinco. I asked if I could purchase a stronger spring and they replied that they would supply one at no charge. The spring only needs to be about 2-3 pounds stronger and the recoil reducer should work great. I'll post again when I receive it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK I got the replacement spring. It is stronger, but I believe it still needs another 2 pounds on it. It's usable, but I will not use the recoil reducer in the gun when I carry it concealed. I just don't trust it yet. I think I'm going to order some Wolf springs and see if I can find the perfect match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts