Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking those with a good deal of experience shooting your P22 with what brand/version 22LR ammo are you most pleased?

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
You might want to have a look at the first sticky....it addresses your topic but you will see a wide variety of opinions. I expect whatever someone purchases that works in their pistol gets added to the list. Just about anything CCI is good. Bulk ammo, read less expensive, is led by Remington Golden Bullets. Then of course it depends on what you are doing with your pistol. If competition then RWS or Eley, etc. or a better target pistol....with apologies to Mr Crete who seems to be able to knock off $3K standards with his old P22.

With my suppressor on Rem Subsonics and CCI Quiets works very well for cycling while staying quiet. But for overall reliability of cycling you must have a round that develops enough blow back energy to cycle the slide.. And, you must hold these pistols firmly when firing. On the other hand, the most powerful .22 ammo I know of, CCI Velocitors do not always cycle reliably in the suppressed pistol while most every other ammo does. Why not...blowing the slide back too fast....???? I don't know. 1917

·
Registered
327 Posts
I run CCI Standard Velocity 40gr in all my .22s.

Slightly more expensive than bulk .22, but clean and consistent.

My PPQ .22 likes it. I would think the P22 would as well.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
When I had M&P compact 22 for years I shot only CCI standard velocity and mini mag round nose. I agree with JVK45 that the Standard Velocity was clean and consistent. I use it for target shooting. I used the Mini Mag when plinking outdoors or chasing varmints. It is dirtier than the SV. CCI is well known for quality 22 ammo. I tried the Velocitor and Stinger loads. Both are good if you hunt. I do not think you cn wrong with CCI ammo. I am looking for a 22 pistol at this time. When I find it I will feed it CCI ammo.

·
Registered
327 Posts
When I had M&P compact 22 for years I shot only CCI standard velocity and mini mag round nose. I agree with JVK45 that the Standard Velocity was clean and consistent. I use it for target shooting. I used the Mini Mag when plinking outdoors or chasing varmints. It is dirtier than the SV. CCI is well known for quality 22 ammo. I tried the Velocitor and Stinger loads. Both are good if you hunt. I do not think you cn wrong with CCI ammo. I am looking for a 22 pistol at this time. When I find it I will feed it CCI ammo.
Which ones are you considering? What do you already have?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Which ones are you considering? What do you already have?
I no longer have a 22. I am open minded but not looking to drift this thread toward a different topic.

·
Registered
327 Posts
True.

My bad.

To get back OT - I try not to use a more powerful ammo that what is required to cycle the slide consistently unless necessary.

If SV ammo will work, and you are just plinking, it's a lot easier on the mechanicals in the long run. That may be especially true with a P22.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts