Walther Forums banner

So ... what are YOU going to carry?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right: The Crap has hit the fan, and you find yourself in a firefight. Here are the simple ground rules: 1) You have one handgun and two magazines in your possession -- no knives, no tommy guns, no shotguns, no chain saws; 2) you can't make mock of anyone else's choices. Have at it: What are you going to carry, and why?

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why, because its the gun I have. Plus two of my magazines are 20 rounders and my carry magazine is holds 15 rounds. I now have 55 rounds on me, I have experience with the pistol, and without it I'm much more limited.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And remind me not to get into a shootout with either the Deputy or the Pitmaster ... unless, of course, they are my side of things. :)

Keep 'em coming, gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My 9mm P99 full-size is the gun I bought with the idea of someday living where I can get a CCW permit.
My post-war P1 would be a second choice for car travel in case it might get stolen or confiscated because it was inexpensive in the first place and is quite reliable with JHPs.
A .380 S&W PPKs would be a good back-up carry. Still have to get one.
Listen to me! I'm not even sure where to hide them. :p

So, Pit, you didn't actually say; are you the one with the P88?

Russell

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
My 9mm P99 full-size is the gun I bought with the idea of someday living where I can get a CCW permit.
My post-war P1 would be a second choice for car travel in case it might get stolen or confiscated because it was inexpensive in the first place and is quite reliable with JHPs.
A .380 S&W PPKs would be a good back-up carry. Still have to get one.
Listen to me! I'm not even sure where to hide them. :p

So, Pit, you didn't actually say; are you the one with the P88?

Russell
Russ: The lone ranger with the P-88 is none other than the thread starter...Searcher 451. :D You can click on the voting numbers to see who voted for what.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, Pit, you didn't actually say; are you the one with the P88? Russell
Even though Dep outed me, I'm proud to say that I would select the P88 ahead of any other gun on the list. It is, without question (IMHO, of course), the finest handgun that Walther has ever made -- and mine is as accurate as it gets. The P88 works with all kinds of ammo, in all kinds of weather, and for all sorts and skill levels of shooters ... a thing of rare beauty.

Nothing wrong with any of the choices, really. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Even though Dep outed me, I'm proud to say that I would select the P88 ahead of any other gun on the list. It is, without question (IMHO, of course), the finest handgun that Walther has ever made -- and mine is as accurate as it gets. The P88 works with all kinds of ammo, in all kinds of weather, and for all sorts and skill levels of shooters ... a thing of rare beauty.
:)
Now I KNOW I need to get one, drop test or no drop test. :D

Russell

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Searcher...isn't that what Jimmy Cagney said. "Look at me now Ma, I'm on top of the world!" Then HE blew up :D
Good spot, Dep -- from "White Heat."

"Made it, Ma. Top of the world!" He's on top of a gasoline refinery tower in Los Angeles, with the coppers surrounding him below, trying to snipe him off. He's mostly nuts in the film, and he starts emptying his revolver into the top of the tank, which eventually erupts in a firey explosion. There's another nice little scene in the movie when he's got a guy stashed in the trunk of a car. Standing outside, Cagney asks him how he's doing. "It's stuffy. I need a little air." the guy yells. "A little stuffy, huh? I'll give you some air." And again with with the revolver.

Great stuff from Cagney. Not quite sure how it relates to the P88, but this is a Walther forum, so all is fair game.

Keep those cards and letters coming, gentlemen. What would YOU carry?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
How can you follow Jimmy Cagney??? What a wonderful personality!!!

With respect to the question at hand......

I chose the P5, even though I don't have one anymore. It is a great design, gotta love the combo decocker / slide release. It is accurate and reliable. I prefer it's DA/SA to the P99 as I find the P99 trigger just a bit harder to get used to than the P5. I have more confidence in myself with the P5 if the SHTF than a P99.

In the end I like the P5's aluminium frame better than plastic. I don't mind the single stack or the heel mag release - because I don't think I would need more than eight or nine shots .... unless the mutant dead start rising - it is close the Halloween, and I have other plans in case that occurs.

;)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How can you follow Jimmy Cagney??? What a wonderful personality!!!

With respect to the question at hand......

I chose the P5, even though I don't have one anymore. It is a great design, gotta love the combo decocker / slide release. It is accurate and reliable. I prefer it's DA/SA to the P99 as I find the P99 trigger just a bit harder to get used to than the P5. I have more confidence in myself with the P5 if the SHTF than a P99.

In the end I like the P5's aluminium frame better than plastic. I don't mind the single stack or the heel mag release - because I don't think I would need more than eight or nine shots .... unless the mutant dead start rising - it is close the Halloween, and I have other plans in case that occurs.

;)
You have got to admire a man who would take a P5 into battle. The 5 would be my third choice in a SHTF situation -- after the P88 and the P99. Given my druthers and cargo pants large enough to hold them all, I'd have those three with me for sure -- plus a PPK, a P38, a P1, a P4, a P5c, a P88c, a P99c ... what did I miss? :D

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
A 1911A1 in .45ACP. :D
That's a tough one to argue with Dep.
I like mine so much I got four standard, two Wilson Combat 8-round, and four WC 10-round extended magazines as well as enough Golden Saber to fill them all. Starting with one in the throat I have eighty-five rounds ready to go before reloading a magazine. :p Not only that but the WC mags all load like butter.

Don't get me wrong. I love my P99 and when I get out of PRK I'm getting several 15-16-round magazines and will probably carry that.

Were I ever to see real combat again I would surly bring both and the M1A that I fully intend to get one day.
My wife will no doubt opt for a PPK/S .380. ;)
She thinks I spend too much time and money on guns but WTSHTF we are a team. :cool:

Russell

1 - 20 of 74 Posts