Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone, I hope everyone is well. I have a question for all who would like to answer....
What kind of defensive ammo are you carrying, and what kind of ammo are you using for home defense??? Ready....set....GO!!!

Premium Member
In 9mm I like Federal 9BPLE 115gr+P+. I've got a ton of that stashed away.

In .45 ACP it's either Federal Hyda Shok or Remington Golden Saber.

In .223 it's Federal 55gr TAP.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All sounds great everyone!!! I myself carry Underwood Xtreme Defender +P 90, pretty much looks like a Black hills "Honey Badger"....Nasty.....and Sig V- Crown. Federal hollow point at times. I rotate them. I'm impressed with what "everyone" has been mentioning for sure!! Keep safe everyone, and thank you for chiming in!!馃憤
Product Font Rectangle Bullet Metal

Registered
I'm waiting for Sig Sauer ammo to come back in stock. Nearly impossible to find. I haven't been able to purchase any since covid hit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I c
I'm waiting for Sig Sauer ammo to come back in stock. Nearly impossible to find. I haven't been able to purchase any since covid hit.
I can definitely relate. Fortunately I had some stocked, and when their in, they are either way over priced or snatched up quick.

Registered
My AR-15 runs Barnes VOR-TX 70gr projectiles in the first mag (M193/M855 in all others). Those all copper VOR-TX will open up to .5 or even .6 inches across which is just nasty for a .22 cal projectile.

My EDC Beretta Pico 380 runs 90gr Federal Hydra-Shok "Low Recoil"
My nightstand gun a FNX-45 Tac w/ RMR+TLR2G is running Remington Ultimate Defense Golden Saber 45ACP 230 grain "Full Size Handgun" version

On occasion I'll run a S&W 640LS with Federal HST .38 sp 130 grain +P
I also have a P365 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 115 grain 9mm

More important than the ballistics of the load chosen is the function of said load in my firearm. Everything I've mentioned above ran great in the firearm in question and had good point of aim/point of impact during function tests.

Registered
Home defense, Hornady critical defense (I think they are) 165 grain FTX pills. 40 SW.

Carry defense, Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain FTX. 45 ACP.

Registered
Home defense, Hornady critical defense (I think they are) 165 grain FTX pills. 40 SW.

Carry defense, Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain FTX. 45 ACP.
Nice choices!

Curious which firearms you're using for those purposes. I don't hear a lot of guys carrying 45acp yet deciding to use 40SW for home defense so I'm intrigued.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very impressed with all who have shared what they basically use to keep "themselves and their loved one's safe" . I love this Walther forum cause it's very diverse, I've been learning quite a bit and we all know you can never stop learning. we can talk about the Awesome Walther, or any other firearms and gear. It's one of the best forums I've been on, and I intend to stay with it. Thank you to all who have shared, and I'm going to try to come up with some more cool things we can all enjoy to talk about. Everybody keep safe, and have a great weekend!! 馃憤

Registered
@Angry Hippo

Nice choices!

Curious which firearms you're using for those purposes. I don't hear a lot of guys carrying 45acp yet deciding to use 40SW for home defense so I'm intrigued.
For home defense its a Walther P99AS in 40. For carry, Kimber Ultra CDP II in 45 ACP.

The Walther in the nightstand, my wife is familiar with, and its a point and shoot thing, and she has 12 on tap with a spare mag on hand.

She wanted to try my full size Government 1911 one time, and put one shot down the tube and immediately said, "Oh no... will stick with nightstand gun". So I get to carry the trusty Officer's model with me at all times, no needing to share. =-p

Registered
147 grain HSTs in 9mm, 180 grain HSTs in .40, and 55 grain Gold Dots in .223

1 - 20 of 45 Posts