Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time back we were all logging on to the Crimson Trace site to register our desire for an add-on like they came out with for the Glock...so has anybody heard anything? Did anything come of that project or is a dead duck?:confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmm...

GOOD QUESTION!:confused:

I had to go out and buy a Kimber with a Crimson Trace laser grip. I got tired of waiting for them to make one for my P99. But i'll be the first to place my order when they finally do!:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've never been a fan of the Crimson Trace approach... not the way it's attached to the grip, nor how it's so offset from the bore. Perhaps there's just too many Walther owners that feel the same way, or perhaps not enough that dont?

I like the LaserMax approach better - right under the barrel, replacing the spring. But I've never bought one of those either, so perhaps I'm just not a valid customer. ;)

thorn

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone make one that replaces the guide rod inside the gun? I like that idea best. It wouyld be almost totally hidden! I dont like that plastic rod anyways, just looks like it wants to break.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks can be deceptive...guide rod is fine and no fear of breaking. It is not weight bearing, it is simply a guide.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know, I've had my P99QA for about a year, i shoot it weekly, about 3000 rounds now, never had one issue, ever!. That plastic guide rod would have snapped by now. I would be real interested in a Laser to replace that rod tho....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts