Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have gotten a couple of guns stippled, I had hesitated for a while because of the expense and the loss of a factory warranty. However now that I've had it done the difference it makes in controlling your handgun is substantial. My only real knocks on the ppq are the slide is too big and heavy (got the q5 for a lighter slide, the gun tends to not lock back because of the oversized slide release ( might have it chopped down I'll report back if I do) and the grip is way too slippery. Fixed huge difference

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have gotten a couple of guns stippled, I had hesitated for a while because of the expense and the loss of a factory warranty. However now that I've had it done the difference it makes in controlling your handgun is substantial. My only real knocks on the ppq are the slide is too big and heavy (got the q5 for a lighter slide, the gun tends to not lock back because of the oversized slide stop( might have it chopped down I'll report back if I do) and the grip is way too slippery. Fixed huge difference

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've stippled my P99 and P99c, and a Kahr. Definitely and improvement. I've also cut down the slide stops on the P99s, and it fixed my lockback problem. My understanding, though, is that for your PPQ you'll have to do it without removing the lever. According to a Walther customer service rep I spoke to, reinstalling it is hard, and if you do it just slightly wrong you'll crack your frame. However, it's plastic, so it shouldn't be too hard, with a dremel and some care, to cut it while it's still on the frame.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No you can remove the slide stop lever easily. The trick is you have to lift the lever up as far as it will go, then gentle tap out the star shaped pin on the right side toward the left side, as you continue to hold the slide stop lever up. Its a bit tricky unless you have three hands. Once the slide stop lever is removed you can easily trim the lever to whatever length you want. Just reverse to re-install.

There is a thread here somewhere that describes total disassembly of the PPQ with pictures in great detail, with everything taken apart.

Reactions: camosamo

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a guy who does work directly so you don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping a firearm. One nice thing about the p320 is you can just ship the frame no ffl or anything required. He charges 75 bucks for a full sized pistol, really can't beat it. Not as nice as danger close or Jager but from a pragmatic perspective, fine work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts