Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... And I'm stuck. I really like the standard Q5, and I wonder how the SF compares to that. I'll be using it in IPSC Production, so the added weight would be a bonus, but I would really like a word from you guys: is it really that much better than the standard one?

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Honestly it's kinda hard to say. I've shot both and the recoil impulse is completely different. It's a lot more like a Beretta 92 series, but still so different that, that isn't a fair comparison.

It diffidently feels lighter and less muzzle flip than standard Q5. I would say if your only use for it is competition then go with the SF I think it's the better option. However if you do want to carry it maybe go with the poly frame. Ultimately it's what works best for you. However the poly frame Q5 has shown it can keep up in the competition realm so I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

My recommendation if you know people who have the Poly Q5 at your local club get the SF and let them shoot it and you shoot theirs and at the end of the day if you decide you don't like the SF get your money back, and buy a Poly

https://www.waltherarms.com/shoot-it-love-it-buy-it/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like SpaceGunner said. You can always try the new Walther promotion. That’s how I got my ppq. The promotion let’s you try it for 30 days and return to Walther if you don’t like it. The only problem is you won’t want to give it back :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can always try the new Walther promotion. That’s how I got my ppq. The promotion let’s you try it for 30 days and return to Walther if you don’t like it. The only problem is you won’t want to give it back :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys but that's going to be difficult... I live in Italy and here we have to use the 9x21 IMI cartridge instead of the 9 Para (yes, I know....), so the SF isn't going to be around for a while and when it gets here it's going to be about 200-300 € higher than the non retarded version...

So, the most economical option would be to get the poly as soon as the SF hits the market, to get a lightly used one or a new one with a discount...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Default answer for this type of "Which one" questions should be "get both!". I am kinda joking but really, if you are serious about competition you need a backup gun for your division. One for drill and one for match, and one for match one for just-in-case. I got both for USPSA CO, SF will be the primary match gun and poly one is the backup. Didn't let my wife see the credit card statement. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts