Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desipe claims here on this board that the SW99's would never see anouther trigger besides the Anti-stress, it would appear that Smith has changed the playing field and according to recent magazine advertisments, is now offering a new OL trigger on all new SW99OL Models including the compacts.

The picture in the advertisment from Smith is a slick slide SW99, without decocker so this is probably going to be Smith & Wesson version of the 990. Which sucks because I was hoping it was the QA trigger, but alas, I'm afraid the total disapperance of the Decocker makes me think this new pistol is just a DAO. Maybe Smith redesigned the whole trigger, but I think its more likely that they just bought all Walthers no longer in producuced 990 triggers.

No information on the New SW99OL's seems to be availible on Smith's web site as of yet.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I saw the same ad (in Jan 2005 Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement) and it's not SW99OL, it's SW990L.

I get the impression (not having seen one physically) that this is a SW990 (analogous to the Walther P990) that has a lighter trigger pull. I don't think the SW99 ever had a "QA" model. I am guessing that this is their "QA" trigger model without the decocker like the P99QA has.

Just a guess mind you

Personally, I've got the itch for one of the new S&W 1911Sc models

James

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My only question is: Why in the world is your username S&W99OL?
Actualy My Screen name is Fearandloathing37, But it's been so long since I logged on that Wather Forums has either removed me from the roles or is having some tech difficulty in that my pass word no longer works and the system will not respond to a new password request...so I had to re-register

1 - 6 of 6 Posts