Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to think my p99 felt so great in my hand but lately I have been taken more liking to my M&P. What I notice is that the back part or the back strap doesn’t protrude so far on that gun as my Walther. I got to thinking that maybe I could just take one on my back straps and sand it down, which may not look great, but I could just put a talon grip on it to cover it.

As I look at the reverse side of the backstrap, it is all hollowed out so this wouldn’t work very well unless I could somehow fill that area with something first and then sand it down (JB weld?)

so Is there an aftermarket smaller back strap avail for sale? If not, has anyone modified the smallest stock one to be smaller in the palm area?

thanx!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I got bored and took the medium, filled the back with JB weld and a little dremel and sand paper, then covered with Talon grip material. Turned out good and feels better in my hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just my own experience:
I had a similar problem, as I wanted a better grip feeling on my Gen1.
Sandpaper tape or the Hogue sleeve would make it too thick, and stippling causes legal issues in Germany.
Luckily, I found the wooden strap from the "La chasse" edition for 15€, and it's much better now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts