Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello it is me again.
I have the problem with the "loading of the chamber" well under control now. I was working the action too slowly causing it to jam on me. I do have another question that I would like to get advice on though.
While picking up my empty casings a friend noticed that a lot of my shells had small dents in them. By looking the gun over and checking the action it seems to be doing it when the shells are exiting out of the side opening. The shells seem to be kicking sideways and hitting the ejector mechinism. Is this a common happening with the PPK/S (Smith & Wesson)? And does anyone have any suggestions for the problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
A lot of autos dent the brass on ejection. It's very common on the military 1911A1 because of the small ejection port. I'd only call it a problem if you are going to reload the brass. It may even get better as the gun breaks in but if it functions well I wouldn't worry about it. If it hangs up the gun that's another story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the gun is new I have only shot 3 different types of shells in it so far and the denting has happened with all of the types.
I have used: - Winchester "winclean" 95 gr. BEB, - UMC 95 Gr. metal case, and - PMC 90 gr. FMJ.
I am planning on reloading but reloading friends seems to think that they will be fine as the dent is extremely small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts