Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I love my Creed but there is one thing that is bothering me. When I press the trigger and right before it hits the wall I get a small click movement. It's so strange because if I press the trigger and allow the slight click to occur, then back off and hit the wall again, its gone. I decided to remove the slide and watch what is happening. I noticed that when it does the slight click I see the sear lift just fraction. I believe its the sear, it's a flat rectangular part that lifts up when the trigger is pressed. If I press down on the sear it clicks back down. This is exactly where the light click before the wall is coming from. Its not horrible but it is there, and it forces me to double tap the trigger when target shooting. What do you guys think. If anyone from Walther reads this can you recommend something?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone,

I love my Creed but there is one thing that is bothering me. When I press the trigger and right before it hits the wall I get a small click movement. It's so strange because if I press the trigger and allow the slight click to occur, then back off and hit the wall again, its gone. I decided to remove the slide and watch what is happening. I noticed that when it does the slight click I see the sear lift just fraction. I believe its the sear, it's a flat rectangular part that lifts up when the trigger is pressed. If I press down on the sear it clicks back down. This is exactly where the light click before the wall is coming from. Its not horrible but it is there, and it forces me to double tap the trigger when target shooting. What do you guys think. If anyone from Walther reads this can you recommend something?

Anyone notice this or is it just me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I'm John and new to the forums. I just shot my Creed for the first time today and didn't experience the issue you have. I did a deep clean before I shot the gun, but don't ever remember having this issue. I would say give it a good clean and re-oil. I think it could be something that works itself out with more and more use. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just noticed that you posted on another thread that you put 850 rounds though it already! Out of curiosity what do you use for cleaner and oil? You could be right about there being a bur.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too have felt this

I have felt the brush before the wall.

When I get my CCP back, I'm planning on disassembling and polishing my whole mechanism. I'll make a post on it when that happens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just noticed that you posted on another thread that you put 850 rounds though it already! Out of curiosity what do you use for cleaner and oil? You could be right about there being a bur.

Hello!

Im actually past 1000 now. I bought a SW Shield 9mm for my daughter so when I take her to practice I keep stealling her rounds for my Creed! lol

I spray Mpro7 then tooth brush it. After, I use Blaster to spray out the grime. Then Hoppes bore cleaner and a very very light coat of Hoppes gun oil for rust prevention adding a tiny drop on the striker block. Last I lightly use Weapon Shield gun grease on the slider slots and done. I do not over due with gun oil, it makes mess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave a very light sanding (wet 1500 grit, two or three passes) to the rocker to remove any casting lines, and put a thin film of grease on the surface. That and just using it smoothed it out a great deal.

Edit: I should add that I can still feel the sear move along the rocker through the trigger, but it is smoother than it was and there is not a distinctive click like there used to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's a well known issue on the CCP that the trigger is a bit gritty from the factory. It's a combination of the connecting bar and gun mechanism and it required a lot of polishing to smooth it out. I actually disassembled the entire gun mechanism. I polished the sear and safety. I polished the rollers connecting the sear and the connecting bar and tension pin. Worlds of difference. I plan on doing the same procedure for the creed. I'll post pics when I do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a well known issue on the CCP that the trigger is a bit gritty from the factory. It's a combination of the connecting bar and gun mechanism and it required a lot of polishing to smooth it out. I actually disassembled the entire gun mechanism. I polished the sear and safety. I polished the rollers connecting the sear and the connecting bar and tension pin. Worlds of difference. I plan on doing the same procedure for the creed. I'll post pics when I do it.

Fantastic! Looking forward to the pics.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts