Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P99 in .40S&W and I have been out shooting twice with it. (we don't have a range ere so I have to go out in the country side to do so) the first time out, I fired about 50 rounds and the gun never jammed, I think I was using FMJ. then when I was out again I bought a large box of Remington 180 gr. JHP ammo eventually I started getting jammed once when the casing didnt eject al the way and the other times the ammo failed to feed al the way in. happened twice when I was chambering too. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No exactly sure with a .40 but some of them had some real problems with mags...someone else in the know will have to tell you for sure but something about the blue or orange mag followers...maybe your problem, maybe not...

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
eventually I started getting jammed once when the casing didnt eject al the way and the other times the ammo failed to feed al the way in. happened twice when I was chambering too. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
It sounds like you could be limp-wristing the gun. I do not know how familiar you are with shooting semi-auto's, but you need to provide a solid platform for it to recoil against. If you are limp-wristing, the action will not be able to cycle fully and that can cause failures to extract spent casings or load new rounds.

What do you mean that it failed to feed when you were chambering a round? Are you holding onto the slide as it goes forward? When you need to rack the slide to chamber a round, pull it back all the way and let it fly forward, unassisted. If you follow the slide forward you can have problems.

It is also possible that you have a bad batch of ammo. I do not know for sure without more info and without seeing your technique. -Clean the gun, take a different batch of ammo out next time (just in case it's an ammo thing), make sure you are not limp-wristing, and let us know how things go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not exactly the strongest person, Im realy skinny and not too strong, so the limp wrist thing seems possible and I usually foolow the slide when I chamber a round thankss I thnk that shuold help everything

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had simular problems with my p99 .40 when I first got it, But after a few hundred rounds, it smoothed right out and I havent had a problem with it since. Another posibility is that its not broken in yet, You said that it was new and you only had 50 rounds thru it, Jenglish or Shipwreck could tell you what the proper break in would be. They both have great expertise on the Walther P99...Maybe one of them will see your post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts