Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what could cause my recoil spring guide assembly to bend. It’s not much, but when I roll it across my bench it’s pretty obvious. I can order a new one but am concerned as to what may have caused it.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Probably the spring itself is kinked, either from use or incorrect installation.

You could try installing it with the bend rotated in the opposite direction to see if it straightens itself out with further use, or if it bothers you, just replace it.

How much have you fired it?

M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1k — 2k... I think I am going to order one of the stainless steel assemblies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's pretty normal for the factory RSA to exhibit a slight bend when out of the gun, since the inner and outer rods don't fit precisely together. Once the RSA is installed and its rear disc is sitting squarely in the recess at the front of the locking block, the entire assembly should straighten out.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I agree with dleong's post above. If you grasp your recoil assembly highly in one hand by firm grip on the large spring, you will see that the rod with the lighter spring can wiggle. It is not a tight fit purposely to reduce any friction during the compression process. That eased off tolerance allow the assembly to move as needed so when it is out of the gun the spring can make it shift and then it looks bent but it is not.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Here are 2 photos of the factory rsa and the steel BT rsa replacement. Note the slight bend in the center of the factory rsa where the smaller shaft & spring meet the larger section. The BT rsa remains level from front to back.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your great info...we’re never too old to learn-we just have to listen!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts