Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
errrrrrrrr
Saturday I went to the range and shot my P99, P5 and PP.22lr
So here I sit cleaning one after another and I think my slide on the P5 is broke.
The lil oval, the fireing pin stick out of in the back of the slide, has a crack.....
what now

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Uncut,
If you are looking at the back end of the slide, just as if you were sighting the pistol, is the "crack" you speak of at the 5 o'clock position? If so it is not cracked. Ohterwise mine is too. And I don't think so since mine has never been fired. I am new to this gun but after taking mine down it appears that this is the way it was manufactured...

JK STRR

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if that is the case then I didn't look at it close enough when I cleaned it the last 2 times.....
It is in the 5 o'clock position.....you are right...
and the "crack" looks too big to be just a crack....

Damn that gave me a scare from hell now.....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Glad I could help. Hey that's why boards like this one are such a great thing.

Yeah, I would have been scared too. Relax, enjoy life and never sell a Walther.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOOOOOOOO,
whom of the oldtimers on the P5 can tell us newbies what that cutout at the 5 o'clock position by the fireing pin is for

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Earl today to ask about it.......he said he couldn't remeber out of the top of his head why it is there..... he said it did have a reason though

also I ask on the replacement rear sights.. he quoted $55....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello,

Beretta 92s have the same cut. And the question is common too on the Beretta Forum... I see 2 possible reasons: ease the machining process or stress relieve to prevent a crack.

Bye.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Laurent

that was my first thought too.....stress relieve... since it is such a small surface area .... that thing keeps sliding over the hammer with brutal force....

so yea I see it being a possibility.....

I was just surprised that not even Earl had the answer....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts