Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
a noob question. The slide is no longer closing on my PPK/S .22LR when a round is in it. A friend was shooting it earlier, and he'd experienced some sort of malfunction that i didn't see or got a clear description of. By the time i saw him, the gun was smoking unusually, and smoke was coming out of the clip too. I took the ammo out, stripped the gun, cycled it, but can't get the slide to close now. It does close fine without a round. What should I do next?
Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Welcome to the Forums e.

We are going to need a lot more information before we can be of much help, maybe even pictures too.

What year Walther? Date of manufacture/model will be of great interest in helping us help you. There are a number of different designs of the PPK/S 22LR so before we can help we will need the info.

Again welcome.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Simple things first, ensure the chamber is clear of any obstructions and clean...also ensure the barrel is clear of obstructions. After that, ensure a round will drop all the way in to the chamber.

Like olsoul said.....pictures would be helpful.....as well as all the other info olsoul mentioned.....as well as what ammo you were using.

I'm no expert.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Simple things first, ensure the chamber is clear of any obstructions and clean...also ensure the barrel is clear of obstructions. After that, ensure a round will drop all the way in to the chamber.
What oldfart said.

REMOVE the slide BEFORE you do that, however.

M

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Good luck and welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts