Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all-black AS 9mm. I am currently practicing my holster draws for IPSC and noticed that the front left side of the slide is showing wear. I am using a Desantis TB holster and i believe that that part of the slide is contacting the metal TB clip.

Ironically, i ordered a felt-lined Desantis holster for the sole reason of minimizing wear marks that may arise from, say, a Kydex holster. Although i'm quite sure the felt is doing its job (for the other areas of the slide), i didn't think that the wear marks would show so drastically in the all-black.

Is there any way to fix/cover/prevent this from happening? I thought the non-titanium ones had some special coating on them? Or is the coating only to prevent corrosion (and not wear)?

I know this might be finicky but any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I got a Suede lined leather holster for my Walther P99 compact - in 2 weeks, I had some wear. I prev had Galco Fletch holsters that would wear guns, so I thought I would try something different w/ a lining. Made no difference.

U will wear on any gun with a holster. A Glock finish will last longer before it starts to wear, but it too will show wear after about 6 months. Remember, the tennifer coating is still there - it's just the black coloring that is wearing.

I got my slide hard chromed around the 1st of the year, and I have zero wear still. Hard chroming is the only thing U can do that will protect against this. Now, EVENTUALLY, even that may show wear. But others have claimed to have carried a hard chromed gun for years w/ zero wear. So, we'll see...

Also did my SW99 slide because I liked to look so much - I don't carry that one, though...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts