Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=30&d=1172437789

I borrowed this pic from Uncut. I just lost my slide stop spring while disassembling my G 22 for the first time. The other tiny one on the other side flip and landed somewhere but I managed to find it.
Dang, I was trying to figure out how to put it back then suddenly its gone.
Where can i order this? DO walther carry them ? Its a pain why they make and design such tiny parts. I ve shot 300 rds thru my G 22 and using a Chian made Tru Dot scope, it was fun and accurate then the jams after 50 rds or so. I thnk the chamber got so dirty bec i was using Remington bulk ammo from Academy SPorts Outlet.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Uncut. I called them and they are sending me FREE replacement springs. Then when I checked my gun again this AM I saw the tiny bolt stop spring. BOy i was glad and I proceeded to put it back after several attempts. It was a pain to figure how to do it. I m wondering why such German engineering has ever come up to having a tiny tiny spring. Anyway it was back and with all the heartaches and cussing esp to put these back, it was finally done. I appreciate you all for all the inputs in previous entries. I really helps.

I also found out the front sight has a small allen screw on the bottom. With the tiny tool provided it was a breeze to loosen and adjust the sight. NOw off to the range next time around. This G 22 needs a getting to know. Only complain I can say is the chore to clean the bolt and innards esp after all the carbon buildup. Jams are frequent as a result of the gumming up. The tiny springs is a must to pay attention as they can fly in a heartbeat. Overall Id say its typical German mindset of engineering work. It shoots great though.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I use a Miltec like lubricant on my G22 and it has worked wonderful....
try something that will lubricate when dry also..... much better for the G22

1 - 4 of 4 Posts