Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the pps in 40cal. i have put 300-350 rds in thru it and at about 300 the slide would always lock back on me. i cleaned it and have also gone down in the gran from 185 to 155. the 155 didnt do it as much as the 185 did but still sucks if i had to really defend myself. anyone know what to do and also has this happen to any one??? thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just got the pps in 40cal. i have put 300-350 rds in thru it and at about 300 the slide would always lock back on me. i cleaned it and have also gone down in the gran from 185 to 155. the 155 didnt do it as much as the 185 did but still sucks if i had to really defend myself. anyone know what to do and also has this happen to any one??? thanks for reading this.

Is this a joke? What do you mean the slide always locks back on you? After every shot or after each magazine has been emptied?

·
Registered
5 Posts
slide stop

I'm a new PPS owner and new to this forum but from what I've read it's the most common problem of the PPSs. Read the sticky 'Check Slide Stop', there's all the info you need to know.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Is this a used pistol?

What is the date code on the side of the slide? (two capital letters).

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Never thought it was a joke, don't know how you came to that conclusion.

It's a problem most often associated with pistols made before 2011, which is why i asked for the date code and if it was used.

Just trying to help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Never thought it was a joke, don't know how you came to that conclusion.

It's a problem most often associated with pistols made before 2011, which is why i asked for the date code and if it was used.

Just trying to help.

OP was referring to my post, my question to him was a serious one. I am new to the PPS, but not new to guns. I was puzzled as I have never heard nor experienced such a mechanical failure with a handgun before. That is why I thanked Wanderson for clarifying.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My guess is he thought you were complaining that it stayed open everytime on an empty magazine, wich it is supposed to do. Just a misunderstanding,it happens a lot on forums. Sometimes I write something that is perfectly clear to me but somebody else reads it different.

Now that we know it is staying open after every shot, that could be a broken spring.

It is somewhat comforting that when this failure occurs the gun still goes bang even if it is no longer an automatic. The slide can be worked manually, as opposed to a total catastrophic failure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts