Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this issue? I have put a grand total of 204 rounds through my P99 a/s in .40 (both of my original mags broke first time to range, but that's another issue). I got my gun and was looking at it today, and noticed some knics in the slide, just below the ejection port, presumably from ejecting the brass after firing. Is this normal? Also, maybe noteworthy is that the last round in my mags was literally getting thrown directly backwards, and I was getting pelted in the forehead when it ejected. Sometimes, it actually hurt. All other rounds in the mag are getting ejected properly...over my right shoulder. Is this normal, or do I need to have a smith check my extractor?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I noticed some brass markings near the ejection port but no nicks as far as I remember. I've been hit in the head with spent brass as well but I hadn't noticed it being the last round. Since the pressure on the rounds decreases as the mag empties I'm not to surprised the ejection pattern changes. I'll pay attention next time I'm at the range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I safely scrub those brass markings with a brass cleaner?  or is there a possibility that I will only take off the tennifer? (edited for spelling, cause i was eating burger king and typing one handed  
)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You're not going to harm the tennifer. Tennifer is a metal treatment. You'd have to cut into the metal before you'd get past the treatment.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The brass hit marks are not permanent. They will come off. Brass is softer than steel. I use a brass drift punch to adjust sights on my Sigs and have never marred the finish. These brass hit marks are normal on most guns... I figure it's one good reason to not use steel cased ammo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts