Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What prevents the slide from coming off the frame (forward) when the striker is cocked (assuming the catch is down)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What prevents the slide from coming off the frame (forward) when the striker is cocked (assuming the catch is down)?

Thanks.
I'd guess it would be the sear, which is holding back the striker and the rest of the slide with it. Pulling the trigger should release the striker and allow the slide to come off the frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd guess it would be the sear, which is holding back the striker and the rest of the slide with it. Pulling the trigger should release the striker and allow the slide to come off the frame.

So if I were trying to remove the slide and cocked the striker in the process, would pulling on the slide repeatedly damage the sear?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would depend on how big a hammer you were using....

M
I'll take that as a "no". :)

I was just pushing/pulling on it without realizing the cocked striker caused it to be held back. I mostly thought that I didn't have the catch release pulled down enough, so alot of my focus was there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So if I were trying to remove the slide and cocked the striker in the process, would pulling on the slide repeatedly damage the sear?

Thanks.
Probably not, as it wouldn't be any different from pulling the slide back on a fully assembled P99 with the striker already cocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts