Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to lube the slide rails on your P99s?  I have been using the Sinclair bolt grease I bought for my rifles and it seems to work ok but its time to restock.  Any experiences with the Wilson Combat Ultima grease?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I use Tetra Grease on all my polymer pistols. Also on my P7s.

Little dab 'l do ya!

James

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use a military surplus Lithium grease on all my firearms. It is cheap and works fine. Any type high pressure grease, like automobile wheel bearing grease, does the same job as the expensive lubes available from the gun stores. All you need in a grease is to keep it from "squeezing" out during firing from pressure points on the slide sear, etc.

I have always felt that there has been too much "hype" about lubricants on firearms. The only thing about these type greases is that some may not have the rust protection that that the commercial brands may have, but they work.

During the war, many of the Germans used motor oil to protect their weapons. Just think about the severe service automatic transmission fluid goes thru and it protects the bearings, sliding surfaces, etc. of a transmission during the heat of summer driving.

Just my opinion

Abwehr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lucas Red&Tacky#2;[parts house,stays put,anti.seize],a tube should last a lifetime of guns.

Thanks,Scfc

·
Registered
60 Posts
Grease is fie for warm weather of just range guns, but come cold weather better use a good gun oil or the dry ubes. Grease will stiffen in cold weather and could cause cycleing problems, especially with worn weaker return springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts