Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 tabs (one on each side) front and rear. Does anyone have one of these guns with 3 or 4 thousand rounds through it or a similar PPQ of any style?
I strongly believe that these will wear fast and accuracy will degrade a lot due to slop. Is that the case?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My P99 (essentially the same gun, just different trigger/cosmetics) is at over 8K, also no noticeable wear or accuracy issues. Also, accuracy is mainly a function of slide/barrel lockup; even if you've got a LOT of slop between the frame and slide, it shouldn't matter, because accuracy is all about how the barrel is aligned with the sights, not how the slide is aligned with the frame.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I strongly believe that these will wear fast and accuracy will degrade a lot due to slop. Is that the case?
It is not the case.

In regards to accuracy on the PPQ, the barrel is locked to the slide, and the sights are on top of the slide. A tight slide-to-frame fit is more important on pistols with a fixed barrel, like an H&K P7, or on pistols where the sighting system is mounted to the frame, like on 1911 pistols with a frame mounted red dot sight. The PPQ is actually one of the more accurate polymer defensive pistols.

In regards to durability, these pistols have a pretty good track record. Search as far and as wide as possible and please put up as many reports of those tabs breaking as possible. The load they hold while not firing the pistol, is having the slide stay in place when a full mag is being pressed against the bottom of the slide, and they function more as guides than anything else when the pistol is fired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts