Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys wandering if you all know how I could possibly decrease the space between the slide of my p99 and the frame itself...there is a slight gap that sort of bothers me...thanks for yalls help

·
Registered
536 Posts
Without seeing your slide, it's hard to say... but i suspect the space that is bothering you was designed that way. Visually it may not appeal to you - but the tighter the slide is to the frame, the less likely the slide will jam when dirt and gunk collect in the rails.

thorn

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are you looking at the gun without the Mag in place? If so, insert the Mag and the air gap will disappear. (That is the only gap I can visualize):)

Common Sense...The rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hey guys wandering if you all know how I could possibly decrease the space between the slide of my p99 and the frame itself...there is a slight gap that sort of bothers me...thanks for yalls help
Are you talking about the gap that runs the length of the frame/slide? This is a design gap and just part of the fit/finish of the gun. But there was a batch of P99s that had some warped frames were the front of the frame drooped at the muzzle...gap there was more pronounced. That would have to be taken care of by WaltherAmerica. Some people actually received a new frame.

Sooo, if your gap is a truely a disfigurement problem call WaltherAmerica, if it is due to a type A personality, see a shrink....:D

PS. No offense ment by the Type "A" remark...I are one....;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
You'll probably do more harm than good. Remember that the slide to barrel fit is important, the slide to rail fit is relatively unimportant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts