Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been following the forum for awhile and wanted to itroduce myself . I have found some great information on this sight and wanted to say thank you. I've not posted yet because I wanted to get my P99 QA in first and put through It's paces. It is without a dout the best pistol I have ever fired right out of the box. The first day at the range I put three hundred rnds. through it useing Win White Box. The only problem I had was the slide not locking back after the last rnd. I attributed it to the recoil spring not being broken in yet. If anyone eles has had this prob. let me please let me know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi ya Paladin. If your shooting useing two hands, be sure your not holding the slide lock lever down on the last shot.
It's preaty easy to do. NM 99 cut the rear leaf off his SRL. You can see here, look up "notice anything different" a page or so back. Hope this helps. JB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Premature locking/not locking are often caused by thumbs, but sometimes it's the mag body/slide stop/spring design and/or the recoil impulse of the ammo being over/under what was intended. The 115 PMC and USA ammo can be pretty wimpy at times for example. Gives Glocks and USPs the same trouble too BTW.

Mag bodies/followers stop springs in the SW/P .40s were modified due to slide locking. At least the hicap mags were. Have not seen any mods to 10 rounders yet, and it happened to me w 4 different P99s/SW99s and 8 different 10 roundmags.

Looks like they considered this when they designed the SW99 in 45 ACP mags.

The 9s (SW and P) are fine for me as is/was.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Who, me? No. I'm from Michigan, have been stationed in Texas, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, California, and now in New Mexico. I like it hot and dry. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem with my p99 9mm. Thanks to the guys from the forum, I solved it. It was caused by my 2 new ProMag mags. It never happens with my other 4 factory Walther mags. However, you have a new gun and I assume you use factory mags. Anyway, in my case the mags were the perpetrators.

Val

·
Registered
22 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrokenArrow @ July 11 2003,4:48)]Who, me? No. I'm from Michigan, have been stationed in Texas, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, California, and now in New Mexico. I like it hot and dry. ;)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Who, me? No. I'm from Michigan, have been stationed in Texas, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, California, and now in New Mexico. I like it hot and dry. ;)
Oh, sorry for the confusion--I was addressing that to the thread starter (paladinsomething)

Interesting to hear about your background though!

Which did you like best? I'd like to head west someday--its just that my family is here, and while I lived in other states while I was younger, they are getting old enough now that if I want to spend time with them while I can I need to be closer. Anyway, of those you mentioned I suspect I might like parts of Nevada best...possibly AZ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the case of the .40 be sure your mags have the blue followers. If not call Walther USA and they will replace them free of charge (Mecgar only)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Problem w the .40s was premature slide lock, not failure to slide lock. IIRC, the blue followers are for the .40 mag bodies with the dimple to prevent bullets in the mag from activating the slide stop. If that is the problem, and your mags do not have the dimple, the new followers won't help much, if at all.

Also read somewhere that problems w light 115 9x19 ammo may be expected the first few hundred rounds. My P99 is 2 yrs old, has more than 10K through it, works fine even w the wimpy/cheap stuff like USA and PMC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts