Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any known issues with the P99 AS not locking the slide back on the last round being fired and ejected? What are the usual things to check? Mags are in excellent condition and not old. My guess is I was riding the slide release today with my right thumb causing it to do this with every mag I had with me, but I want to eliminate other possibilities too. I just noticed that my right thumb lays on the release in my usual two hand grip with my thumbs pointed toward the target.

Russell420

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are there any known issues with the P99 AS not locking the slide back on the last round being fired and ejected? What are the usual things to check? Mags are in excellent condition and not old. My guess is I was riding the slide release today with my right thumb causing it to do this with every mag I had with me, but I want to eliminate other possibilities too. I just noticed that my right thumb lays on the release in my usual two hand grip with my thumbs pointed toward the target.

Russell420
yeah most likely your thumb is pushing it...i saw my friend doing the same thing to my p99 when he shot it, the problem is with the slide lock it is not like standard HK's sigs, etc. where it goes up, this one is more of a button you push inside vs slide down like 1911's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine started doing that too. I know it's not my thumb, I think it's my mags (15 rounders).

I bought a used P99 recently and there was no problems during my first outing. I disassembled & cleaned the mags and during my next outing the slide wasn't locking back after the last shot 50% of the time.

I think I may have used too much lube. I cleaned off the lube but haven't had a chance to try 'em out.

I received some 10 round mags and I noticed the follower and the little "button" that engages the slide stop are higher than my 15 rounders. I was planning on buying new springs and followers for my 15 rounders as they've already seen 2,500 rounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts