Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my PPQ M2. I think I have had it for little over three years......several thousand rounds ....maybe 3500.

Not sure this is normal but I notice the I can rock the slide back and forth....just slight movement. Is this normal? It doesn't seem to cause any issues for me.....just checking with others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Welcome to the Forums...

Which Q?
Loaded and chambered?
Mag in, mag out?
Give us a bit more info about this movement.
Side to side? Front to back?

My Q45 with about 10K or so has no movement when loaded and chambered.
Maybe a slight wiggle unloaded with no mag

If the slide moves back slightly it could indicate you recoil spring is weak.

You can check for a weak recoil spring by taking your unloaded PPQ and removing the magazine. Recheck that it is empty and point it straight up.
Pull the slide back about 1/4 inch and let go. If the slide goes back into battery your recoil spring is in good shape. If not it could be time to replace it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forums...

Which Q?
Loaded and chambered?
Mag in, mag out?
Give us a bit more info about this movement.
Side to side? Front to back?

My Q45 with about 10K or so has no movement when loaded and chambered.
Maybe a slight wiggle unloaded with no mag

If the slide moves back slightly it could indicate you recoil spring is weak.

You can check for a weak recoil spring by taking your unloaded PPQ and removing the magazine. Recheck that it is empty and point it straight up.
Pull the slide back about 1/4 inch and let go. If the slide goes back into battery your recoil spring is in good shape. If not it could be time to replace it.
9mm, side to side, for sure empty no mag....will chech with some snap caps and a mag tomorrow

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
I think what you are experiencing is the normal side to side "wiggle". As long as it isn't excessive I wouldn't be concerned.

If your Q is tight with a full load and a chambered round you are fine.

Also check your weapon's cycling at the range and your groups. Unless you have been using really very hot loads I don't think you are quite ready for new springs yet.

Reactions: bverdon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pretty sure I read that H&K flat recoil springs are good for 10K rounds. Wouldn't think the very similar ones in our Walthers would get weak after 3500. Still, won't hurt to replace it if in doubt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think what you are experiencing is the normal side to side "wiggle". As long as it isn't excessive I wouldn't be concerned.

If your Q is tight with a full load and a chambered round you are fine.

Also check your weapon's cycling at the range and your groups. Unless you have been using really very hot loads I don't think you are quite ready for new springs yet.
Thanks guys.... yes this pretty much my experience. I dry fire with no mag and when I installed a full mag... very slight movement, which seems normal. Was just curious.....thnx

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
3.5K is a bit early but I showed the OP how to check to see if the recoil spring is weak.

It also depends upon what your weapon is being used for. You can get away with a bit more on a Range weapon, an EDC or Duty you may want to change at your armorer's recommendation which could be anywhere from 5 to 10K depending upon his or your budget.

Reactions: bverdon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3.5K is a bit early but I showed the OP how to check to see if the recoil spring is weak.

It also depends upon what your weapon is being used for. You can get away with a bit more on a range weapon, an EDC or Duty you may want to change at your armorer's recommendation which could be anywhere from 5 to 10K depending upon his or your budget.
Yep....went into battery no issues with pulling the slide quarter way....think I am good. Thnx for your help

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
quarter inch I hope....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts