Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried custom milling a q5 lower? I was thinking to the level of the the dove tail and drill and tapping the correct screw layout?

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Try that again, that doesn't make any sense. Or maybe I'm just too old to understand.

Drill and tap the 'lower'? To the level of the dovetail??????

What is it you're trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I want the rmr to sit low enough to be able to co-witness. the optic sits higher than I would like as it it. The slide is milled for different optic mounting plates with a dove tail cut. If you milled to that level or just shy of it it would drop the optic quite a bit. I milled my Glock my self did slide cuts and a rmr cut and tap and it turned out great I can co witness and keep my grip and sight line where it is most comfortable for me. I was curious if anyone has messed with their slide?

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s great thanks! Definitely not something I can do but I will contact him for sure. The Glock milling was actually super easy and fun to do but this is way more technical

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you want to co witness with a q4 or 5 u need to use the aforementioned shield sights or a deltapoint pro with rear iron attached, however I don't know if there is a front sight tall enough to make this work. The new sig romeo optics will have built in rear sights and have the dpp footprint. There are a lot of techniques people use to shoot through the body of an rmr of the dot dies as well, I think co witness irons are a bit overstated in importance but that'd be my opinion. They help a lot when you are learning but get in the way (especially when behind the optic) after you are proficient in picking up the dot.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts