Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howgy everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I have P99 for a year now and this is my primary carring handgun. I should say was
Last week I discovered that slide locks every time i shoot and I have to release it manually and it will do it again and again.
I have at least 2000 rounds down the pipe without any malfunction.
And now I got this problem

Could someone, please, post or send me a few pics of inside the frame. (view from the the top without the slide and magazine}I have a feeling that something looks differently than before...And I can't find it on Internet

Thank you very much in advance

Stay safe
Omega

So, I need your educated opinion - what should I do?

and I am very happy and satisfied walther owner.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi, this is a pic from the frame that is usually sold on gunbroker. It will serve you to check on the important details i guess. This image is from Mr. Kaehny. Please, I dunno if this is not proper by posting an image not taken by me. If it is wrong please tell me to edit and just give the URL and i offer apologies.

It is different to the problem of the magazine that is described in the excellent p99 faq. Anyway i would also check for a problem in the magazine that might be pushing the lever up and engaging when it should not. Check carefully for your magazine follower. Good luck, i hope i can help.

Saludos

Hector

·
Registered
411 Posts
Did your slide stop spring crap out?
Remove the slide and push up on the slide stop lever, there should be some spring resistance. If not, your spring is broken.
It's a fairly easy fix, but the roll pin is a B!tcH to get out and back in. If the spring is broken, post again and we can talk you through replacing it.
Also, if you want to keep carrying the pistol, and it was a broken slide stop spring, you can just remove the slide stop completely until you get a new spring. The pistol will still function 100%, but the slide won't lock back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for the picture and advice...
My spring is not broken and frame looks the same as pictured.
Everything seems to be fine - slide locks back with empty mag and do not with loaded mag, feeds the round without a problem, when sling slide manually. Everything is the same as the day I discovered on a range I have a problem.
I disassembled the gun completely, except for backstrap pin and magazine release mechanism. (Any how I wanted to round a little bit right side of the trigger..)
I rounded and smooth trigger and I hope I won't have sore index finger anymore
, put everything back together. Will try to go to the shooting range in a few days. We'll see...
For a while I will carry CZ P-01.

If you have other ideas - please share them...
thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it apart AFTER, before I just did field stripping and cleaning after each trip to shooting range and I cleaned firing pin and decocker twice . That's all.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you switched ammo brands lately?
Some bullet nose profiles can push up on the slide lock.
Also, are you sure your thumb isn't bumping the slide lock lever? I had that problem with mine. After a little dremel work I cleared that issue up.
Also look the slide stop over real well where it engages the magazine follower. If there is any deformation or burrs they could cause problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Omega

As NM P99 said in his first reply, and even after you already disassembled your P99, I insist on the part number 30 of the exploded view diagram. It might not be broken, just not in place or just worn. In the picture posted there is not view on where it assembles on the other side, only on the hook side where it holds the slide release lever. Hehe, after all, today is Sunday, we can take a look.

Well, I hope you can fix it soon. It must be a nuance. Good luck

Hector

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dun't know guys. For almost a year I was using every kind of ammo I had in this gun - no problems.
Don't think this is my grip - I should have this problem from the start...
Part 30 - it seems it works properly, I've bent it a little bit down, just in case.

All I needed - was a little push on the back of the slide: it went back, picked up the round, cocked and fired... and locked back again. And again...

I couldn't reproduce this problem manually - only during actual firing.
I will report after my trip to the shooting range.
And again - thank you

·
Registered
411 Posts
A little more info on exactly how it's malfunctioning would help.
When the slide locks back, is it locking back on the slide stop lever or is it just sticking in the rearward position?
Your last post seems to be a slide sticking issue rather than a slide locking open issue.
The troubleshooting is considerably different for a sticking slide as opposed to a locking slide.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sorry if I misled you... and did not use proper terminology.
I was happy - I was using english

Yes, to correct the problem - I did not use slide release lever - I sling the slide or push it back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the problem - it was part 26.
Perhaps I put that pin too deep in and part 25 went out of alighment.
Now after 200 rounds of 4 different kinds of ammo I am sure again that I have a GREAT gun.
Thank you all for trying to help me.
By the way - I took trigger group apart and filed/dremeled/polished right side of the trigger and now can see a huge difference. And my index finger is so happy :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts