Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range and the slide started locking back with rounds still in the magazine.  Would someone please look at the attached pictures and tell me how this spring is supposed to look?  Or better yet, post a picture of theirs?  The spring is not placing any tension at all on the slide lock.

Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that isn't the problem. I have the light blue followers and have been shooting the gun for 1 1/2 years without a single malfunction. There is no tension at all on the slide lock lever, so I'm sure that the spring is broken. What I'm trying to see is what it should look like. Is there anyone out there that can show me a picture of theirs?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmm, my apologies for jumping to conclusions. Ah well, after a closer look at your pics, I'd have to say that your slide stop spring looks line it isn't following the contours of the frame like mine does.  Nor is it even touching the slide stop lever!

I'm no surgeon, but I'd say something isn't right there, and I think you're right in assuming the thing is broken.  I can't post pictures, but I bet someone else on the board could...

Good luck in figuring our what is wrong...

-stunks

·
Registered
411 Posts
When my spring broke, it was obvious, the spring fell out.
Yours does not look broken to me, and appears to follow the stop just fine.
How are your magazine springs and magazine followers? If the springs are weak, or the followers worn that may cause the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks to me like your slide release spring may have been bent up, and no longer contacts the slide release. I once did this to my SW99 by cleaning the mag well by pulling a rag through it from the top. The rag caught on my slide release spring, and bent it up so it longer contacted my slide release. So, be careful when cleadning!

I tried to bend it down again, but could not get it back to its original tension. The pistol seemed to work anyway if I let gravity keep the slide release down by holding the pistol in normal upright position, but replaced it before I fired it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts