Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the slide will not always 100% stay in the locked back position after the last round has been fired. The last range session had around 5-6 times it would not stay back out of 200 rounds. The mag follower is the light blue one on 2 12 rounders. any suggestions on why this may be?

TIA

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You don't say but I assume from the rd count on the mags and the color of the followers you have a .40 S&W...

Could be the mags...40's had some trouble. If you are in US then call WaltherAmerica....

Does the slide lock back without a mag?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
opps sorry. yes its a .40

it will not lock back buy itself if there is no mag in it. i have to engage the lever for it to stay locked w/o the mag.

its the follower that manipulates the latch for it to stay open after the last round correct?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sounds like the slide lock spring which is prohibiting the slide lock to engage...Not a big problem. Can you contact Walther?

·
Registered
45 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ar-for-me @ Jan. 03 2006,09:53)]it will not lock back buy itself if there is no mag in it. i have to engage the lever for it to stay locked w/o the mag.

its the follower that manipulates the latch for it to stay open after the last round correct?
Yes, an empty mag is required for it to lock back automatically. The follower pushes the slidelock up when the mag is empty.

If the mag is not empty or no mag is present then you need to manually push the slidelock up to lock the slide back.

CD

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
All semi-auto handguns work that way. W/O a mag, U must maually lift the slide stop to get it to engage. Also, w/ a mag, it must be empty to do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i understand you need the mag in for the slide to lock back. i was just answering jakes question when he asked if it locked back w/o the mag.

i was saying that it will not lock back 100% of the time after the last round with the mag still in it. anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had the same problem. Do you have more than one mag? If so does it work fine. I had six 40 mags in storage for years and four failed to lock back most of the time. It was the mag springs. If you have one that works you often can push on the follower and feel the differnce between the two.

I have not heard of a failure to lockback with any P99 40 mags as a design flaw, the orange follower mags did just the opposite, they would lock back with rounds in the mag.

Rockets Out.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doh!  was reading through the handgun forum on ar15 and someone was having the same prob w/his new M9 and here is what he got......"had the same problem with my friend's 92 until I realized I had my thumb resting on the release".
my right thumb is parallel and right on top of my left thumb pointing down range(instead of right thumb bent and under the left pointing down range) and that would place my right thumb pretty much right on top of the slide release!  My friend who was shooting it also had no such problems with it locking back and he holds it like i described above with the bent right thumb.  guess this is a lesson for me!  thanks for the help fellas.  Now for the test!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts